Anyone have a turkey broth recipe?

holachicka

Songster
10 Years
Jan 4, 2010
Folsom, CA
This weekend I'll be getting two ice chests full of turkey meat from a family farmer friend, Half or more will be turkey legs, and what we usually do is take the meat grind it, pakage it and freeze it. That leave a whole lot of bones in the trash, what a waste!
idunno.gif
and I was thinking, why not throw the bones in a pot for broth instead of the trash? Does anyone have any broth recipes based on pounds of turkey bones? Thanks a bunch!!

What I usually do with the bones from a Turkey or chicken is I put it in a big pot all the bones and I throw in onions,celery,carrots,garlic, turnip or any kind of vegetables ( you dont have to cut them into little pieces..sometimes I grate carrots to add more colour....and then cover it with water ....add seasonings that you like in soup ...i just use a couple bay leaves ,salt and pepper and bring it to a boil and then let it simmer....sometimes if I am really tired I'll bring it to a boil and then put it in the oven overnight on a low heat....then strain it and let it cool.... place in fridge so the fat hardens and then scrap the fat off and voila you have broth ....hope that helps...Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom