Anyone have any fun bonding with their chick stories>

Tremogg

Songster
Jan 26, 2022
Show Low, AZ
So I have been spending more time with my 3 week old chicks and we have all but one who when we open the pen (take the cover off) who will fly to the ledge. But we have one whom we have named Red (no reason other than she has a red band on her leg lol) who will fly to me and then cuddle down into my arms and go to sleep. She does this every time. I think it is the cutest thing. She has recently started asking for neck scratches by extending her neck under my thumb and rubbing. I think she is going to be our lap chicken (not what I was expecting :gig:lau:th! Anyone else got a fun story to share about bonding with their chicks?

So I have been spending more time with my 3 week old chicks and we have all but one who when we open the pen (take the cover off) who will fly to the ledge. But we have one whom we have named Red (no reason other than she has a red band on her leg lol) who will fly to me and then cuddle down into my arms and go to sleep. She does this every time. I think it is the cutest thing. She has recently started asking for neck scratches by extending her neck under my thumb and rubbing. I think she is going to be our lap chicken (not what I was expecting :gig:lau:th! Anyone else got a fun story to share about bonding with their chicks?
My chick Neon nut would enjoy a game called elevator where I put my hand in the brooder, she climbed on, and I slowly ascended. As we came to the top of the brooder she would always jump onto the roof and I'd have to pull her off 😂

Back
Top Bottom