Anyone have Black Langshan

Blueroo63

Songster
10 Years
Feb 8, 2009
N.Texas
I recentky seen this breed for the first time ever and was very smitten by them ,i do have 2 and half dozen in incubator,but would like to talk to some folks that have them and can tell me more about the bird it was just for me
love.gif
at first sight,but know I need to know about the breed
droolin.gif
for them to hatch and grow up thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend of mine raises bantam and large Langshans, she's one of two breeders in the US that has recessive whites. Gorgeous birds. She says they're very well mannered birds, but they eat a lot. Hers are very sweet and they love the show room. She makes me want them
smile.png
but no more room!

Are her recessive whites in the bantams or largefowl? I have whites that occasionally pop out of one of my Black largefowl line. I know of at least 2 other breeders that have had this in the past.
I also have the White Variety that always breeds true.
I have Black bantams and would love to add some White bantams
Matt

I don't see where my Langshans eat any more than my other birds???

I originally got the birds to prove a point to Forrest Bueaford. He said "anybody can raise these birds and love them." I told him I'd take a pair and I'd bring them back when I decided I did NOT like the breed. I had every intention of bringing them back to him...I was hooked.

They are SO sweet. Even sweeter than my White Giants were. I absolutely ADORE this breed.

Quote:
She has both bantam and large recessive whites. I don't think she has any at the moment, but she has several confirmed breeders. So she could pop some out for you if you want. I'll PM you with her phone number.

It was nice here today and I got some pics.

White Langshan breeding pen

Black Langshan bantam breeding pen (I had just fed them, their heads are all dusty from the feed)

3703_dscf0036.jpg

I have a pair of white and black ones that I got in a Rarest of The Rare Assortment from Murry McMurry's (spelling?). They are pretty tall compared to the other chickens their age. They didn't have feathers on their legs when we first got them till they were over a month old. The white ones of mine come around me more than the blacks.

Black hen
blang.jpg

la.jpg

White hen
wlangh.jpg

White roo
wc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom