Anyone have coturnix laying solid white eggs?

Quote:
oh cool! that would beneat to have A &Ms bred for blue eggs all the time!
big_smile.png

Quote:
i dont wanan say it but it looks like that's just in your experience
idunno.gif
all my big spotted eggs are fertile right now as well as my white eggie
smile.png
My one that wasnt fertile was really pretty small spots and brown and greenish it reminded me of a large button quail egg in the pretty pattern, i'd take a picture of it but it was infertile and i pitched it. So my experience was opposite to yours hehe!

It seems like that's what brooster was saying. The 'small specked eggs, not the large polkadots, and the white eggs are infertile.'

But that's just me, I'm not a mind reader. But I agree, a white coturnix egg is not normal, and I would doubt it would even be possible to breed for them! It would surely take a loooooong time to get it right!

just noticed this post lol and i re read ya i think that is what brooster was saying DUH on me!
smile.png

Quote:
It seems like that's what brooster was saying. The 'small specked eggs, not the large polkadots, and the white eggs are infertile.'

But that's just me, I'm not a mind reader. But I agree, a white coturnix egg is not normal, and I would doubt it would even be possible to breed for them! It would surely take a loooooong time to get it right!

just noticed this post lol and i re read ya i think that is what brooster was saying DUH on me!
smile.png

Ignoring me are ya?
gig.gif

I was wondering, since a blue button quail egg is usually a sign that it was laid too early, would that be the reason for a solid colored coturnix egg?

Quote:
big_smile.png

We were hoping it would hatch and maybe select for it. Maybe next time!
smile.png

Quote:
smile.png

Ignoring me are ya?
gig.gif

I was wondering, since a blue button quail egg is usually a sign that it was laid too early, would that be the reason for a solid colored coturnix egg?

nah more like im BLIND lol that's like the second time this week i've over looked something lol! Yeah that's my theory on the white egg thingagling since it takes almost to laying for the spots to get on the eggs, so you'd think it'd be a white egg first
smile.png
Well, white or blue or green or brown lol!

Quote:
big_smile.png

We were hoping it would hatch and maybe select for it. Maybe next time!
smile.png

cool i would keep trying for that too
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom