ANYONE HAVE EGGS DUE!! CHARTS ON PAGE ONE POST ONE!! NEWCOMERS WELCOME!!!

Need Help Fast!!!!!!!! I have a chicken that was born this afternoon and I am wandering to I take it out or leave it in the incubator till all are born????

You're best off to leave it alone until they are all hatched or your hatch is over. Every time you open the lid to your incubator, you risk "shrink-wrapping" the membranes onto your other chicks.

Good luck,
Deb

WHEN WILL THEY HATCH UGHHH LOL

Lol! I hope they do something soon! Keeping my fingers crossed for you. I'm up before the crack of dawn so i can be ready when the principal calls and tells me what time he can meet me at the school so i can go in and check on the hatch there. I barely slept at all last night. Sounds like you haven't slept much either! Lol

Well so far 9 out of 12 have hatched. I think that is great with a new incubator and with shipped eggs! Still waiting to see on the last 3 eggs.
jumpy.gif

as of 1am this morning, my first chick was born. This is my very first batch and had 3 eggs. Only one has hatched and I am pretty sure the other two were not fully developed or never developed at all. The shells are brown and I didnt have a super bright flashlight. I could see something but I wasnt positive. these eggs were shipped to me, so could possibly been damaged during shipping, or it was something on my end. Im not sure. Im happy to have one out of three
jumpy.gif
. I will post pics up soon!

celebrate.gif

Several of my Ameraucana eggs didn't develop and I think it may have been due to the postal service taking them on a 5 day ride. My husband helped me to get them out of the incubator. I was quite disappointed. I put 5 developed eggs on lock down and was a quite discouraged to not see any progress last night on hatch day.
But joy comes in the morning. I have 2 pips and plenty of chirping! I sure hope the others will catch on and start pecking too. I'm running around like it's Christmas morning.
wee.gif
Silly, but I am truly that excited. Just wish that more were on the way, but nothing could have been done about their unfortunate travels.

Well yesterday afternoon we heard one chirping in the shell.. went to bed, and got up at 3:30 am just to check.. and it had broken the shell, by 6 am it was completely out...

Congratulations Everyone on your little fuzzy butt bundles!!!!!
today is day 14 for me. i jsut candled and still 13 out of 15 Polish, the 2 barn yard mixes and only 1 Silkie are lookin great. the other silkie egg looked on schedule last week but i think it quit. i will do an eggtopsy in a minute.
today i am diggin out the brooder and be ready for next Saturday....
celebrate.gif
jumpy.gif

Have a great week!

Back
Top Bottom