ANYONE HAVE EGGS DUE!! CHARTS ON PAGE ONE POST ONE!! NEWCOMERS WELCOME!!!

Sorry
hit.gif
My first pip was like that. Hope the rest goes well
fl.gif

I still have no more pips
sad.png
, I finally helped the second one out but its weak. The third pip is doing well and bowling with the eggs
smile.png

How long is it normal to wait for the eggs to hatch before you give up?

Aww
hugs.gif
I know how you feel. I hope your weak chick perks up and gets stronger by the hour.
I'm not sure how long to wait, but I plan to candle my remaining eggs looking for movement tomorrow if there is no change today. We need expert advice and will probably hear from someone today. I am not expert. This is my first hatch.
I don't have any more pips in the other 3 eggs either. I plan to move my chick to the brooder this morning while there are no pips in the incubator. This little chick seems very strong and ready for some company. So cute!

well..today is day 22.... still just the one little hatchling... three eggs left... no pips...no chirps.. When I candled them right before lock down, they were all moving. I really want to candle them today... and see if they are even still alive.... this waiting is really hard...
My kids are anxiously waiting to see if these eggs that they have helped care for are going to hatch...

my little chickie is a day and a half old. She is the only one that hatched. Im a bit worried she is lonely. i gave her stuffed animal to snuggle with. she sleeps alot but does get up to wander and is now walking better. she hasnt eaten or drank anything yet, not that ive noticed. I know she ok for a day or so without food from her nourishment she absorbed before birth. She is now starting to poop good.

at what point is it ok to pick her up out the brooder to start handling her? I dont want her to get too cold. . i have handled her but within the brooder so she stay warm.

I hope she isnt too lonely, I have 7 eggs due Friday.
jumpy.gif

Congrats to everyones hatches! Love seeing everyones pics!!!

its definetly a rollercoaster!!! i just had my first hatch on saturday 1am. i barely slept, lol!!! My next batch is due friday and i cant wait for the rollercoaster ride again!!!! Its amazing watching them! Good luck with your babies!!!

My first baby chick that I hatched. What drama; the waiting, the questioning what I saw when I candled the eggs, then tossing the bad eggs, the tears, the morning when you see the pip, the hours to wait and wonder if everything is going the way it should. A total emotional roller coaster ride for sure! I feel so much better now. 2nd chick has pipped but working much slower than this one. I can see movement, but this next chick is part sloth.

I candled last night (day 3) and we have 3 babies growing!!!!!!

This is sooo wonderful as her last eggs she sat on werent fertilized and I lost my fav hen last week. Its funny how seeing a little spider growing in there can make you sooooo happy!

I candled last night (day 3) and we have 3 babies growing!!!!!!

This is sooo wonderful as her last eggs she sat on werent fertilized and I lost my fav hen last week. Its funny how seeing a little spider growing in there can make you sooooo happy!

wooo hooo so happy for you. sorry about your hen. I lost mine last year, luckily we still have her little sister and her eggs are on day 5
big_smile.png

its definetly a rollercoaster!!! i just had my first hatch on saturday 1am. i barely slept, lol!!! My next batch is due friday and i cant wait for the rollercoaster ride again!!!! Its amazing watching them! Good luck with your babies!!!

I got my 1st chick, Lucy, in the brooder this morning and chick #2 died in the shell and had to be removed. I now have a 3rd chirping egg with a pip and am waiting to see how this one goes. Praying for the little chick to survive the hatch. I feel like Prissy from Gone with the Wind, "But Ms. Scarlette, I don't know nothin' 'bout birthing no babies!" On another roller coaster ride, and yes, it is amazing!

Back
Top Bottom