Anyone have eggs hatching next weekend? 4/28-4/29?? Looking for someone to wait with...

Missymac

Songster
8 Years
Mar 24, 2011
NY
My next batch of eggs are due to hatch next weekend. Thus far I am batting 0 with hatch rates. first clutch lost 5/5 eggs. Second clutch lost 11/11 eggs. Half due to early hatching.

I have anothr clutch in the incubator right now. 10 eggs I think, of barnyard mix. I am going to candle tonight and see who is developing and who isn't, just waiting for dark. Then it will be a long week. ast time I candled all 10 were alive and moving around. I am hoping for better luck this time.

celebrate.gif
Hurray! Someone to wait with!

I currently have 10 eggs in this clutch. All still looked alive and well at last candle, I am doing a double clutch so I am going to wait until tommorrow or monday to candle as I have 16 eggs I put in today for a mother's day hatch and want to candle when the are a couple days.

Anyways
The fathers of this clutch are a
Chantecler X RIR
or
Silkie x RIR

The hens are EEs x2 , Buff Brahma x 1, Araucana x1, Jersey Giant x 1, Buff Orpington X 2, Golden Comet x 2, RIR x 1.

I watched each of the hens lay the eggs(as I did with my mothers day hopefully hatch) And have a chart that I am recording information(egg color, hen, chick color, features, date hatched, date set, time hatched, time set...ect. I am hoping to figure out which rooster is the one contributing to the population. And what the chicks look like from the above mix.

Mine are due 4/29 and 4/30. A little nervous as this is my first hatch. I split the eggs up between the Brinsea Advanced and a Little Giant with fan and turner. The LG has been hard to regulate temperature-wise. I'm not sure what I'm looking for exactly when candling, but the Brinsea eggs all had the veining and I saw one moving. Some of these are Lav. Ameraucana eggs and I can't see through those at all. The others are BCM's---hard but I can see something, and then a few Cochin/Ameraucana crosses for fun (from the breeder) and a couple of mine from my very brief ownership of a true Aracana Roo---just to see if they would hatch. Arrrrrggghhh. . . the waiting is very hard at this point!

I have my 1st batch due to hatch next weekend. I am so excited ! I have 28 marans eggs. I can't see much though I have tried.

Sorry you can't get a good candleing through the maran eggs. I have a hard time with my Jersey Giant egg and with my EE eggs. The shells seem to be thicker or somthing. About 50% of my eggs seem to be right on track, I have a couple I think are quitters, and then some look like they may not be developed as far as the others, I am going to wait until lock down to remove eggs. 2 of them are quite wild. Everytime I candle they are bopping around in their shells. I

Back
Top Bottom