Anyone have eggs hatching next weekend? 4/28-4/29?? Looking for someone to wait with...

Missymac

Songster
8 Years
Mar 24, 2011
NY
My next batch of eggs are due to hatch next weekend. Thus far I am batting 0 with hatch rates. first clutch lost 5/5 eggs. Second clutch lost 11/11 eggs. Half due to early hatching.

I have anothr clutch in the incubator right now. 10 eggs I think, of barnyard mix. I am going to candle tonight and see who is developing and who isn't, just waiting for dark. Then it will be a long week. ast time I candled all 10 were alive and moving around. I am hoping for better luck this time.

Lock down time. I amgoing to do a bit of candleing tonight before locking down, I had a temp spike:( Cross your fingers for me!

Mine are due Saturday/Sunday. Although, I have one who has decided to try hatching today. I am hatching buff brahma chickens. My first time too.

Fingers crossed

Last edited:
Well we've hatched early :hmm and our little hen just doesn;t have the mothering instinct. She's tried to kill the first chick that hatched, 3 more are currently pipping. Crossing my fingers she'll accept these ones.

celebrate.gif
Hurray! Someone to wait with!

I currently have 10 eggs in this clutch. All still looked alive and well at last candle, I am doing a double clutch so I am going to wait until tommorrow or monday to candle as I have 16 eggs I put in today for a mother's day hatch and want to candle when the are a couple days.

Anyways
The fathers of this clutch are a
Chantecler X RIR
or
Silkie x RIR

The hens are EEs x2 , Buff Brahma x 1, Araucana x1, Jersey Giant x 1, Buff Orpington X 2, Golden Comet x 2, RIR x 1.

I watched each of the hens lay the eggs(as I did with my mothers day hopefully hatch) And have a chart that I am recording information(egg color, hen, chick color, features, date hatched, date set, time hatched, time set...ect. I am hoping to figure out which rooster is the one contributing to the population. And what the chicks look like from the above mix.

Back
Top Bottom