anyone have expereince with cackle hatchery

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by blueseal, Apr 1, 2009.

1. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    my order shipped out today iguess i should have them by friday. what do you think. i heard another mainer ordered from ideal and got them next day. there in texas. mine are comeing from missouri .

2. the_great_snag

the_great_snag Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Staples, Minnesota
    I've heard pretty much nothing but good about them. I'm hoping to order from them myself in the next few days.

3. melissastraka

melissastraka Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Hoquiam, WA
    I got all of mine today. I was worried since I live in WA that some would be DOA but they are great. I couldnt be happier.

[​IMG]

4. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Glad I saw this post and nice to know nothing but good has been said about them:) I just ordered silkies from them but they won't be shipped until middle of April.

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I have 6 hens that came from Cackle originally. I like them. The EE gives me 3 to 4 eggs a week. The Cinnamon Queen gives me 5-6 a week. The Buff orp gives me 4-5 eggs a week, The CA leghorn 4-5 a week and my other two leghorns have quit!

I'll give them another week.

6. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    love them. got 25 mottled houdans, 2 extras, 2 didnt make it

7. kycowgirlchick

kycowgirlchick Chillin' With My Peeps

I ordered from Cackle. Polish, cochins and silkies. The box had 2 sections. 1 for the polish and cochins and the other side for silkies. They left there on Monday and I picked them up at my post office on Wednesday. All safe and sound. I got 2 extra silkies. They are a week old and I havent lost any. They all seem very strong and healthy. [​IMG]

8. tazzy

tazzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Kentucky
    we ordered from cackle and received our order yesterday. they put in two extra chicks, for a total of 19, so that was nice of them.

our order shipped on monday and arrived on wednesday. we live about 5-6 hours from the hatchery.

9. briana1975

briana1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    Quote:You got your order from Ideal the next day? Mine should of shipped yesterday from Ideal that would be great if they came today.

10. mmtillman

mmtillman Chillin' With My Peeps

My phone should be ringing any minute now.... to go pick up my Cackle Hatchery order of 25 chicks. I am totally beyond excited! [​IMG]
    I will post in a day or 2, to let you all know condition they arrived and how they are doing !
    Good luck to all of you getting chicks right now!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by