Anyone have experience with buying silkies from TSC?

Feb 17, 2021
Somewhere down in Texas
I cant find silkies anywhere, and my last resort would probably be TSC. I purchased my first flock from TSC, and they all survived until they were about 8 months or so when they got coccidiosis and 3 passed. I still have 5 from that flock, and I would like to order from a hatchery, but cant find any available at any hatcheries. I've seen silkies once at TSC when i went to get chicks for a friend and they all seemed healthy, but who knows. Should I try TSC and see how it goes, or should i keep searching at hatcheries and hopefully they'll be available soon. Just thinking. Thanks for reading this and hope you can respond. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
-ChickenWhisperer101

I have doubt's that TSC silkies are pure bred. For one they are quite large for a silkie, my rooster was five pounds. And lay early and great which silkies are not supposed to.
If you don't care about all that I think they are good birds.

Edited to add, prob silkies from any other hatchery are the same.

I cant find silkies anywhere, and my last resort would probably be TSC. I purchased my first flock from TSC, and they all survived until they were about 8 months or so when they got coccidiosis and 3 passed. I still have 5 from that flock, and I would like to order from a hatchery, but cant find any available at any hatcheries. I've seen silkies once at TSC when i went to get chicks for a friend and they all seemed healthy, but who knows. Should I try TSC and see how it goes, or should i keep searching at hatcheries and hopefully they'll be available soon. Just thinking. Thanks for reading this and hope you can respond. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
-ChickenWhisperer101
My pet chicken might be a good option, it's where I ordered my silkies from, and the chickens I've gotten in the past seem to have been quite good (local feed store had ordered chicks from there)

Back
Top Bottom