Anyone have experiences with Ouija boards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
awesome!!! born and raised here.. i luv it and so do my hens
ya.gif

blessings and luv

His family is still back there including his kids that he hadn't seen in years. We went back a few years ago after his mom passed away. I'm glad he was able to show me around. It was very pretty and nothing like I ever imagined. I was really impressed. Oh and the trains! LOL........No one believes me when I tell them about the trains.

i live 10 mins from the city in chippewa(still part of B.F.) by brady's run state park and i can still hear the trains.. really beautiful area around here calm and tranquil

blessings

Quote:
Then by your logic, there is no power in the ouija board. The power lies in the ability of a person to convince someone else that there is. If there truly was power to a ouija board, whether or not I believe in it would have no effect -- thus it would still "work" even if I thought it didn't.

It is like the placebo effect -- the power does not lie in the sugar pill, but in the belief of the person taking it. But believing it to be a drug will not transform the sugar pill.

wink.png

It isn't that simple.

It is not about what I personally believe in. It only matters what we can
convince you--each one of you--to believe in.

Take arunima das and the trains they hear in the distance...from their
home they can hear the trains. But they can not see them. How then
do they know the trains are real? There are many tales of ghost trains.

Or take Chickened's words..."Life and death cannot be further apart..."

The truth is that life and death are separated by one breath, one heatbeat.
One great instance, we go from this world to the beyond.

Why is it so impossible that some souls would wish to return? And there lies
the the possibility that they do return.

Even in the talking boards.

I can assure you that the so called Ouija board is nothing to be afraid of. I dated a girl in high school for 3 yrs that came from a family of witches. Notice I didn't say practice witchcraft... that's for wannabe's. Her grandparents, parents, and siblings were living this(born into it). This was their everyday life. They didn't practice a so called religion on Sunday only to be 180* someone else the rest of the week. I'm not going into any detail as a lot of their life they hold sacred. Note...Male witches are NOT Warlocks unless they have done something wrong which could result in them being banished.

That being said, I would rather(and did)stay at their home overnight than with some others that call themselves Christians. Truly nice people, but I wouldn't cross them...lol. I never understood why people are afraid of something that they claim they don't believe...just sayin...

IMO...People that are afraid of dying are actually afraid of living.

Quote:
You're drifting away from that to which I originally responded. As to "why is it so impossible that some souls would wish to return?" my opinion is that death is the end, that there is no other place from which a "soul" would wish to return, and thus there is no "power" to an ouija board. Again, that's my opinion, and it is no more provable than anyone else's opinion.

Returning to what I originally posted, in response to you:

Quote:
And just because you DO believe in it does not make it any MORE real.

wink.png

You assert that the ouija board has a power. I disagree. You say that my disbelief in the power of the ouija board does not negate it. I contend that your belief in the power of the ouija board does not create it. Both of us has a logical argument. However, neither argument answers the question of whether or not the ouija board itself has any power.

You say a piece of cardboard with a felt-footed plastic viewer has the power to communicate with the dead. I say it does not. In the real world, if someone comes up with an invention and claims it can do something, it is up to the person claiming it works to prove it does so. It is not up to the people who don't believe it works to prove it doesn't. Until someone can conclusively prove that a ouija board communicates with the dead, I will contend that it is just a weird board game. You are free to believe otherwise. And if you do, I have something I want to sell you. It's a pen that can be used to write messages from the dead. Don't believe me? That doesn't make it less real.

wink.png

I think of it as more like a light switch. The power is there I believe, I confirm my belief by the act of flipping the switch. If nothing happens I no longer believe. It really is not that complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom