Anyone have luck catching a feral chicken?? UPDATE: Rooster caught, no hen

I'm from a cold place but have lived all over.
I love to SEE snow, especially when it's falling.
I love to SMELL snow because it's a smell like no other and you can SMELL it before it even starts falling from the sky.
I love to HEAR snow because if you stand out in it when it's falling, and listen verrrrrry close, you can hear each flake as it lands and all the millions of flakes make just the tiniest of clinks as they work together to cover up everything around you in a blanket of quiet.

I just hate shoveling! :confused:
We moved to Prescott from the desert, and had Christmas Eve snow our first Christmas here.

LOL! No clothing on my NNs. Their feathers are all the coverage they get, and since our AZ winters are so mild that's always more than enough. You might be confusing me with @Kassaundra. She has completely naked, scaleless chickens and makes outfits for them all the time.
Ah yes I am..
we want pics @Kassaundra of necked chickens LOL
eta she has not been on since aug.. so I doubt we will get pics

Oh my goodness!!! You all are making me laugh to hard today!!

Team shirts anyone?
http://www.badideatshirts.com/Bigfoot-Hide-And-Seek-Champion-T-Shirt-P3546.aspx

I forgot to soften the butter so ..... Cake will wait a bit.

I think I will hunt down the recipe thread and toss this on there. It really is super delish!
But what would a Bigfoot Chicken look like? This maybe?
1168420-060223dd49170a31fb07f32754533dca.jpg

This is a naked neck named "Tank" from @DesertChic that is really cool looking. She promised me some chicks from her NN's next summer when we get settled in a place that allows chickens (and roosters)!

This is a naked neck named "Tank" from @DesertChic that is really cool looking. She promised me some chicks from her NN's next summer when we get settled in a place that allows chickens (and roosters)!
Oh, he's beautiful! I'm a sucker for roosters! His colors look like my Basque Hens. They have a naked neck variant of the Basque breed.

I have one that is a favorite here...... It is a cake but worth the effort.

Sour cream pound cake.

Heat oven to 325 degrees.

Bring 1/2 Cup butter, 3 eggs, and 1/2 Cup sour cream to room temp.
Combine 1&1/2 Cups all purpose flour, 1/4 tsp baking powder, and 1/8 tsp baking soda.
In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add 1 Cup sugar and beat for about 10 minutes until light and fluffy. Add 1/2 tsp vanilla and eggs one at a time beating 1 minute after each addition scraping bowl often.
Add flour mixture and sour cream to egg mixture alternately, beating on low to medium after each addition just until combined.
Grease and flour an 8x4x2 or 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Pour mixture into pan and bake 60 to 75 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
Cool on wire rack 10 minutes, remove from pan and cool completely.

I do hope folks give it a try. Great for strawberry short cake!

I will make the lemon version and let you know how it turns out. If it is any good I will edit this post with the info on how to do that one.

Here is that yummy cake recipe in case anyone here feels like giving it a go.

Could.... :confused:
You know we will need pics when you get the NN's.

Back
Top Bottom