Anyone have new chicks coming?

MPC are sending mine (7) on the 13 of June. I am a bit terrified because they are my first chicks and I am so scared to lose one.
I was wondering what people do with them when they don't make it... do they burried them or put them on the garbage
sad.png
?
I have been waiting for months now, so I am really hoping they will all arrive alive and healthy.... and without any rooster lol

I am a paranoid momma so I check butts all the time, mine so far are all ok, and poops look good:)

poulette, one of mine passed pretty fast after I received them yesterday, i wrapped her up in a cloth, put her in a plastic bag and buried her:(

Mine are still wild little chickies tonite, so hoping they stay that way:)

Mine are also more quiet than I imagined they'd be. Some mild "contented" peeping sounds - and of course when I wipe butts they scream like I'm pulling their toes off... but overall they're quiet when they're in there alone. Here's to hoping they continue that trend as they grow!

I am a paranoid momma so I check butts all the time, mine so far are all ok, and poops look good:)

poulette, one of mine passed pretty fast after I received them yesterday, i wrapped her up in a cloth, put her in a plastic bag and buried her:(

Mine are still wild little chickies tonite, so hoping they stay that way:)
I am sorry for your little one, I cannot imagine how I would feel if this happen:( but I think I would buried it too.

My first ever chickens hatch Monday June 11 and will be coming via MyPetChicken. We've had such nice cool weather, but now I hear it's supposed to heat up next week. Argh! I hope the little babies don't overheat.

We placed the order in February, and my sister got chickens in April and May, so it's been excruciating waiting for ours. I wish I knew how many days it would take. I would love to get them Tuesday!

Glad I'm not the only one STILL waiting.

We just got our first ever chickies yesterday from MPC
big_smile.png
Unfortunately, one did not survive the trip (black copper marans). A couple are pasting up, so we've been doing chickie butt baths. Other than that, all are doing great.

I keep reading about pasty butt. I am getting my chicks from a local breeder- pick up not shipped. They are 1 week old. Will this lessen my chances of pasty butt? I will have to go read her notes but she said 95 degrees and drop it 5 degrees each week until it hits outside temps. BUT in a week it's going to be 100 degrees outside. LOL This coming week it will go from 90 to 90 then 100 all in the space of a week. By mid-June we are usually dealing with upper 90s and by July steady triples. So will they only be under the lights for a week then off? They will be in my house until they get bigger and I keep it 76 in here.

Back
Top Bottom