Anyone have pencilled rocks?

I'll try to get some update pics today. Stay Tuned.
smile.png

CityGirlintheCountry ~ I found a pic of a couple of the girls (young rooster on right) when they were about 3 1/2 months old. They are nice, laid back, calm birds. So far, I'm very pleased with them. I bought them from a breeder, but am not sure about the background from there. I saw the parents of these birds, and they were nice, calm birds too. Now if they would just start popping some eggs for me!

SILVERPENCILEDYOUNG.jpg

I just think they are beautiful! Is your rooster a pencilled rock also? If so and you are interested in selling or trading fertile eggs come spring, let me know. I would love to add some to my little flock.
That pencilling is soooo pretty!

Yes, in fact, I have 3 SPR roosters that I have been waiting to see which is the best. Just decided on him last week, so the other two will be leaving. Sure, I'll let you know when they start laying, we can go from there. What breeds do you have?

Last edited:
Wow, Amazondoc! Your girls are really pretty too! I sure wish you had a rooster so I could just run up the road and get eggs from you. I figure you're maybe 20 minutes away from me as I'm in Murfreesboro.
smile.png

Ugly Ducky- I have buff orps, a sliver laced wyandotte, golden laced wyandotte, welsummers, EEs, (this lot is all in with a buff orpington rooster). The little coop has a buff polish, a silver sebright, a mille fleur, more EEs, a white silkie and blue silkie (that coop has a mille fleur d'uccle roo).
The only thing I can produce pure is buff orps and mille fleur d'uccles. I just hatched out some SLWxBO and GLWxBO mixes that are pretty cute. There's also a mille fleur baby in that hatch. Check out my blog for pictures of everybody. The babies are just starting to feather out so I'm curious to see what they turn into.
smile.png

Howdy, neighbor! Depending on what part of town you're in, you're probably more like 45 minutes from me. But still not far!

Back
Top Bottom