Anyone have pics of Speckled Sussex crosses?

Quote:
Well they look like what that cross would be,are you breeding them to a Sussex roo?

I will when I get another roo. The last trio I bought got killed two nights ago by my son's dog. I have to find more of them. I was told that if I cross them on a SS roo, the babies will be speckled. That sound right to you?

Quote:
Wich one do you like best?The white one no telling what you might get....

If I had to pick this instant I would take the blue one.

I'm going to keep both as long as is feasible. If everything worked out just right, I would put each rooster over a Dominique and a Sussex hen next spring.

The white stag is ostensibly a Pumpkin Hulsey.

Quote:
Well they look like what that cross would be,are you breeding them to a Sussex roo?

I will when I get another roo. The last trio I bought got killed two nights ago by my son's dog. I have to find more of them. I was told that if I cross them on a SS roo, the babies will be speckled. That sound right to you?

You will get some 50% speckled and 50% split acording to the chicken calculator.

Quote:
Wich one do you like best?The white one no telling what you might get....

If I had to pick this instant I would take the blue one.

I'm going to keep both as long as is feasible. If everything worked out just right, I would put each rooster over a Dominique and a Sussex hen next spring.

The white stag is ostensibly a Pumpkin Hulsey.

Nice should have some of nice looking offspring and very hardy with game in them.

Last edited:
I have some lovely SS crosses
53887_imag0361.jpg
53887_imag0961.jpg
This is just a few Here is a pic of some of the young ones we are growing out now
53887_imag1206.jpg
~~ Tammy

Quote:
Your roo looks almost like mine,he is part of a project.

I have a whole lot of mixed sussex eggs hatching next week,some with broodies and some in incubators....

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome! Sorry to be so late getting back to you but I forgot to check this thread after I posted and I haven't been back here for awhile. I love looking at the SS crosses too. What beautiful crosses!

Here's some more pictures. The first one is another one of Bobbie grown. She's a SS hen x RIR roo. It almost looks like she's wearing pantaloons but this picture doesn't show it very well.

73073_bobbietrough.jpg

This is Chipmunk aka "Munk" at 6 wks. She's Bobbie's full sister. SS hen x RIR roo She's older now and most of her brown patterned feathers are gone except for a little on the end of her wings.

73073_munk2.jpg

I have another SS cross x Red star but he doesn't look like the other roo we had called Gray even though they have the same parents. This one is white with brown markings. He looks more like a Red Star. I'll take a photo of him to post soon.

Last edited:
Another picture of 'Munk' now 13 wks SS x RIR. I like her sweet face.

73073_munk3.jpg

I call him Amber because he reminds me of the Dekalb Amberlinks. He's SS x Red Star. He's already crowing at 13 wks and he has grown the fastest of the 7 chicks that hatched.
73073_amber2.jpg

73073_amber1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom