Anyone have Saxony ducks or Silver Appleyards

crissycriss

Songster
11 Years
Apr 8, 2012
Heflin Alabama
This comming spring i want to get me some of them from Holderreads waterfowl. I would love to hear how you feel about yours and if they are good dual purpose breeds.Do they atleast lay as good as the pekin.
Oh and i need pictures as babies and adults please!!!!! Ineed my daily if

This comming spring i want to get me some of them from Holderreads waterfowl. I would love to hear how you feel about yours and if they are good dual purpose breeds.Do they atleast lay as good as the pekin.
Oh and i need pictures as babies and adults please!!!!! Ineed my daily if[/quote

Sorry my phone keeps messing up.Wouldnt let me fix it.
Was supposed to say i need my dailt fix to hold me over. LOL!!!!!

We have true Silver Appleyards, culling all non standard traits from small body to crests to off coloring.

2012 ducklings

2012 goslings growing out

they are the best layers of the meat class of duck, ours forage very well, and are not any where as loud as pekin.

Last edited:
I don't have either, but I love the Saxony ducks. I think their coloring is beautiful. According to Holderread, they are not as good as some, but are still good egg layers.

"Eggs & Meat: If you want ducks that combine good egg production and large meat birds of gourmet quality, we recommend Silver Appleyards and Saxonies. For high egg yields and excellent meat birds of medium size, Anconas, Harlequins and Magpies are hard to beat. Campbells, Hook Bills and Runners are lean, high-quality, medium-small meat birds when butchered in prime condition."

Back
Top Bottom