Anyone have Sultans....from Ideal??

Quote:
She actually looked better than him.
wink.png

Hi everyone:frow I wonder why the hatchery didn't put in at least 1 extra chick, in such a small order? I would be interested in seeing photos of your new baby's
I am waiting to here from chickenzoo. I will get some from her. I only want pullets. I will pay the extra. I think? It will depend on what is best for the chicks, shipping wise. I will take what I get. Sell the Roosters. I hate that. I get very attached to my chicks. The mother has to throw the chicks out of the nest sometime.
Any how good luck.

ran across your post just now... a little late. We have one female sultan from Ideal and she is a great bird. I was told to expect one egg a week. She lays 5-6 times a week! I know this because all my other hens lay brown eggs! Great temperment! We are very pleased!

Quote:
Do you have any pics of her? Sultans are so hard to come by...I'd like to get a clear picture of what hatchery stock typically looks like.

Quote:
I also get attatched to my chicks. I'd love to get bantam Sultans but the majority would be roosters, I'm sure, and I hate the thought of getting rid of them. Sultans roos the most, because they're pretty lovable birds. Friendly, docile, good with kids. Qualities I'd hate to waste on someone's meal. Ick.

25108_img_3363cropped.jpg

This is "Cha Cha" at almost 7 weeks.

25108_img_6125.jpg

Here she is at 8 months.

She is just a pet, so I have never looked into the standards...but I think she is gorgeous! She lays an egg that is quite a bit larger than our bantam Cochins, but smaller than any of the standard sized Cochin, Marans, Orpington, Wyandotte, Blue Andalusion, etc.

THANX FOR THAT PIC AND TO EVERYONE!!! im gonna get 3 st run
hmm.png
hoping for at least one female
bow.gif
bow.gif
PRAY FOR ALL FEMALE
bow.gif
bow.gif
but i dont want it to be the only crested in my flock,...maybe ill get some blue white crested too...hmmmm...
tongue.png

I wanted several crested breeds and was ultimately talked out of it by many different people. They were telling me how they would get picked on, etc. Luckily, we have never had any trouble with our sultan. They leave her alone. Good luck! It will be a LONG wait to tell the sex. We didn't find out until our roos started trying to mate with her.

Back
Top Bottom