IwannaBEaMERMAID

Songster
10 Years
Oct 28, 2009
Beverly Hills, CA
i want to see what quality they are
tongue.png

Last edited:

This is Louie-Lu-Li, I got him from a feed store. I don't know what hatchery they use. All the chicks I have purchased from them are very nice and true to the breed.

I want to get him some pullets that look like him. The flock mates have started to pick at his feet until he bleeds. They gang up on him. I had to remove him and give him a cage for now.

Quote:
Just a warning, most hatcheries get pictures of the actual breed, but the pictures don't tend to belong to them, and are not of their stock. I've seen some of Cackle's Sultans and most don't look like the pictures. I've learned over the years never go by hatchery pics on a limb. Just thought you should know. I think there's a thread on here of Cackle's Sultans.

Sorry to hijack your thread, Mermaid.
smile.png

I had a hen, but she passed away year before last during a very hot summer. So take care that you keep them cool.
smile.png
This guy free ranged for about 3 years up until I sold him this past December. Both came from Ideal Hatchery.

WhiteSultan.jpg

I ordered 2 bantam sultans from Ideal, both turned out to be roos
hmm.png

But they are as cute as they can be and live down at my FIL's with my other roosters. One got stepped on by a horse a few months ago and walks a little funny, but they're both nearly 8-9 months old now and doing well!

Back
Top Bottom