Mille Fleur D’Uccle Quality

corose22

In the Brooder
Mar 9, 2024
Hello! I was just wondering if anyone has experience with Wilco’s chicks, if they are quality? I have a mille fleur d’uccle and I was wondering if it will be any different because I got it from Wilco versus another type of hatchery. I’m not sure if my question makes sense 😅

I get it. :)

I do not know of a Wilcos but for instance with my silkies, there are pet quality and show quality and some in-between. I'm raising show quality now. If I were to purchase a couple from a breeder, I would look at pictures of what they have and read their description and if the words show quality are there, then I get what I expect to get. It's going to be the same grade bird no matter who I buy them from, even when I buy hatching eggs.

You could google a few of yours to see what others look like, or post a picture of yours in this forum and ask folks if yours looks like a quality bird.

I get it. :)

I do not know of a Wilcos but for instance with my silkies, there are pet quality and show quality and some in-between. I'm raising show quality now. If I were to purchase a couple from a breeder, I would look at pictures of what they have and read their description and if the words show quality are there, then I get what I expect to get. It's going to be the same grade bird no matter who I buy them from, even when I buy hatching eggs.

You could google a few of yours to see what others look like, or post a picture of yours in this forum and ask folks if yours looks like a quality bird.
Thank you!

Hello! I was just wondering if anyone has experience with Wilco’s chicks, if they are quality? I have a mille fleur d’uccle and I was wondering if it will be any different because I got it from Wilco versus another type of hatchery. I’m not sure if my question makes sense 😅
Hi there, hope you are enjoying BYC! :frow

They'll still be hatchery quality. Wilco's is the middle man.. you can always find out which hatchery they ordered from by calling them.

"Quality" depends on YOUR goal. Only 1-10% max will ever meet what I call "quality", even from alleged show lines. That's what true hard selection and culling looks like!

My local TSC orders from Hoover's.. which is not my favorite hatchery for quality.. but still always fun to see what they have! Health has been fine, in my experience while SOP is *mostly* only pet/layer/eating "quality".

Happy adventures! :wee

Back
Top Bottom