Anyone heard of a Blueing?

Thank you for sharing your pictures! I will have to get some tommorow. Especially with the white egg color and high egg production, it does seem like there is some leghorn in the Blueings.
It is nice to hear that they are active and productive egg layers. Out of all my chicks, the Blueing is already top of the pecking order! Just curious, where did you get your birds? I am very excited to try out this new variety of chickens!
I got mine in a "Blue Egg Layer Hatching Eggs" deal from a small local breeder. Although I've never seen her stock personally, she seems to have good ones. In that mix of hatching eggs I got purebred Ameraucana as well, along with Super Blues, which I think are the blue egg equivalent to Easter Eggers. Not 100% sure on that statement though.
She doesn't like to talk about where she gets her stock unfortunately, so I have no idea where she got hers, sorry.

No problem, I got mine from a local breeder too. She doesn’t have the Super Blues though or Ameraucana. She doesn’t seem to talk about where she got her stock either:)

Here is the chick...
032A678C-8CAE-4D6F-9A20-6F98DD0E370D.jpeg

C5E176A3-0CCD-4EE8-8E54-822E06E5EF13.jpeg

This thread was really interesting couldn’t find the breed anywhere but found something close. I have no idea where to get them now. I found Arkansas Blue it said it was possibly created by Dr. Keith Bramwell at the University of Arkansas. It’s a cross between an Araucana and a commercial white leghorn, lays between 250 to 350 eggs per year. Clean face, pea comb, yellow skin and yellow legs. It looks like the ones you guys have are pinkish or maybe a slate legged variety.

Back
Top Bottom