Anyone impatiently waiting for your baby chicks to arrive?!?!

Ok so I panicked for nothing. Just got a call from the post office that they have my chicks! For others waiting, just know that my tracking still shows they have only departed. Shows nothing about them arriving at my post office. Unfortunately they do not scan things sometimes.
Of course I have to wait for the roads to thaw so I can make it. Tick tock, the waiting never ends!

Last edited:
Ok so I panicked for nothing. Just got a call from the post office that they have my chicks! For others waiting, just know that my tracking still shows they have only departed. Shows nothing about them arriving at my post office. Unfortunately they do not scan things sometimes.
Of course I have to wait for the roads to thaw so I can make it. Tick tock, the waiting never ends!

I hear you! I drove in the sleet to get mine from the PO--threw a bag of kitty litter in the back in case roads were too icy. The worst part was just getting out of my driveway... :)

Going to be picking up some RIR pullets today from one of the local feed stores. I wanted to get them last week, but they were sold out bythe time I made it there. So this week I am going to be calling them throughout the day to see when they arrive.They said no guarantee on chicks purchased within 24 hours of their receiving them.

I wnt a total of 3, or maybe 4 at the most. That's all that I have room for. Wondering if I shold get 5 or 6, expecint not all to make it? I tell myself that I could sell the extras if they all survive.

Yay!! I got them home safe and sound!! All 5 were perfectly warm, happy and chirpy. Thanks chickensforbackyards! This was a great first time experience

Yay!! I got them home safe and sound!! All 5 were perfectly warm, happy and chirpy. Thanks chickensforbackyards! This was a great first time experience

I was thinking of ordering from them but they don't give specific dates, did they contact you to let you know when yours would ship? And how quickly did you get your chicks?

A few locals and i put in an order of 70 chicks and the po threw them in a back room and forgot about them :( :( all 70 died. they were 3 day shipping and it took 8 days to get to us. i cried for an entire day!!!

I was thinking of ordering from them but they don't give specific dates, did they contact you to let you know when yours would ship? And how quickly did you get your chicks?

I was in the process of incubating and got worried none might hatch. So last week I started looking. If you look on the site there is an availability tab, it might only show the month, but then there was a hatching schedule it seemed. Anyways, I sent in my order and then sent an email telling them I needed them to arrive by the next Friday so they could be in the brooder with my incubating chicks. A lady called me within an hour and said a few of my originally requested breed were unavailable but she told me what I could substitute. There was plenty to choose from. All great breeds. She said they would ship on Wed. This was last Friday, they sent a confirmation for shipping on Wed afternoon and they arrived this morning. So I got my order in exactly one week. They were excellent to communicate with and the little chicks are so healthy and perky. Not stressed out like many complain about. I would certainly order from them again. You could just call and see what they have available to ship soon if you're in a hurry.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom