anyone in England ?

Pics
Were you thinking of eggs or chickens or equipment?
If it is equipment you need theincubatorshop is brilliant. they post quickly, stuff is guaranteed for 2 years (such as incubators, cradles, brooders). the staff can't do enough for you and are very pleasant.
If it is eggs or chickens you fancy, why don't you post on here? you could do a private deal with a fellow member. i know who i would trust more between a shop and a hobbyist

It depends on the hobbyist. Perfect poultry aren't a shop. They breed birds to standard and I believe they show some too? I'd love to visit their setup sometime, we just never seem to find the time. You'll have to let us know what you think if you do go.

I did visit Perfect Poultry last year in April and was horrified to the condition of the birds and cages. The straw was dirty and wet and birds looked over crowded.
We then went into his chick room where he keeps day olds-week old chicks. There was like 30-50 chicks to a small cardboard box, the water feeder was empty in all boxes and birds looked dirty and cramped. There was also no food in some of the boxes. There were some dead chicks as well which didnt surprise me seeing the conditions.

I did a google search on the place and it seems he hasnt been keeping to the rules regarding large scale poultry keeping.
He was found guilty and ordered to pay costs and a fine.

http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/s/2081587_councillor_found_guilty_of_chicken_farm_offences_

He refused to pay the fine and was put in prison....

http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/s/2112224_chicken_farm_excouncillor_jailed_for_not_paying_fine

Due to the conditions of the chicks we decided not to buy anything and he got quite short tempered verging on angry, which was a surprise to us at first, but would explain his short temper which was mentioned in one of the articles.

in manchester. Just wondering if theres anyone else, saw some geese crossing the road that were far too pretty and calm near people to be wild. anyone know of anyone who is missing 4 geese?

oh if you want a good chick place Happy Chicks in Pilling, lancs is fantastic, Sarah is her name he has a beautiful farm, im waiting, very impatiently for my tuesday delivery of 3 baby legbars. just too excited.

Back
Top Bottom