Anyone in WV???

74DD9DCA-7853-4499-809F-0820EAE2B4A1.jpeg

Porky
185C7E34-8BEA-4670-AF44-EEB2EF541966.jpeg

Not-Poe

hey, this is a shot in the dark, but im looking to re-home two of my black australorp roos. they’re both 21 weeks old and aren’t aggressive. they are a little skittish, though. i live near Middlebourne in Tyler County. Prefer to meet somewhere as shipping is expensive/pain in the ass.

View attachment 2312571
Porky
View attachment 2312574
Not-Poe

hey, this is a shot in the dark, but im looking to re-home two of my black australorp roos. they’re both 21 weeks old and aren’t aggressive. they are a little skittish, though. i live near Middlebourne in Tyler County. Prefer to meet somewhere as shipping is expensive/pain in the ass.
I might have some interested in Porky, so Not-Poe is currently the only one I'm still trying to get rid of. He's now 23 weeks old and still has the same mannerisms. Definitely more skittish than Porky, but will still eat out of your hands. They were both raised in a flock with multiple hens and roosters. He's one of the lower ranked roos

I might have some interested in Porky, so Not-Poe is currently the only one I'm still trying to get rid of. He's now 23 weeks old and still has the same mannerisms. Definitely more skittish than Porky, but will still eat out of your hands. They were both raised in a flock with multiple hens and roosters. He's one of the lower ranked roos
I might have more roos to get rid of for the sake of the girls. I just don’t have enough hens for all my roos and while I don’t want to part with because they are all nice, they are wearing the hens out. 6 roos to 9 hens ( well, 13 hens but the 4 pullets are only 11 weeks old ). I’d love it if I could add more hens, so I won’t have to get rid of any of my boys, but not sure if my parents would allow that. I’m thinking about getting rid of more 2 roos ( as someone is taking in Porky )
  • Rex, a cuckoo maran
  • Not-Poe, a black Australorp
here’s some pictures of rex:
D4370645-AEC7-42CA-93EB-4BB146BB34AC.png

26E4AC0D-0054-4BAF-B0A8-00248A96C878.png

i would really prefer it if anyone would be willing to trade some hens of similar age for my roos. I’ve been wanting some Speckled Sussex, blue copper marans, blue Delawares, or Wyandotte but would take any dual-purpose chicken ( more of a focus on eggs ).

Does anyone know some good local breeders that are selling lavender orpingtons and/or speckled Sussexs? Maybe golden laced Wyandottes too? I’m wanting to get more pullets and I also have a broody currently sitting on some eggs that are due to hatch in a few days. I should’ve posted this a long time ago and not short notice, but I was wanting to put the chicks under her once hers hatched and have her adopt them.

EDIT: preferably a reasonable distance from Tyler County.

Does anyone know some good local breeders that are selling lavender orpingtons and/or speckled Sussexs? Maybe golden laced Wyandottes too? I’m wanting to get more pullets and I also have a broody currently sitting on some eggs that are due to hatch in a few days. I should’ve posted this a long time ago and not short notice, but I was wanting to put the chicks under her once hers hatched and have her adopt them.

EDIT: preferably a reasonable distance from Tyler County.
Most breeders don't really hatch this time of year. It's a REAL long shot.

Yea, most breeders are done for the year. I should have Lavender Orpingtons in spring. In Jackson County but meet in Parkersburg regularly.

If you want some now, I believe Meyer still has Lavenders available in the next few weeks. They're sold out of Sussex.

Yea, most breeders are done for the year. I should have Lavender Orpingtons in spring. In Jackson County but meet in Parkersburg regularly.

If you want some now, I believe Meyer still has Lavenders available in the next few weeks. They're sold out of Sussex.
oh, they do? They’re in Ohio, right? Do you know how good their stock is? Have you ever gotten chickens from them before? Pity about the speckled sussex, those were also on the top of my “want” list. I was just wanting them now so they’d be around the same age as the chicks I should have hatching today or tomorrow. Though, if Meyer isn’t a good hatchery, I’d rather not bother with it and I’ve never dealt with shipped eggs before.

I’ll definitely keep you in mind, though. Do you have any pictures of your lavenders?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom