Anyone in WV???

That's Awesome !!
I can meet you anytime and any place that's convenient for you.

I think the new Hampshire cockerel are beautiful . They would work best I think as the ISA Browns I have are not a full sized bird like my RIR and Barred Rocks. Most importantly is the health of the bird. Kindly let me know of any health issues that you've encountered.

That's Awesome !!
I can meet you anytime and any place that's convenient for you.

I think the new Hampshire cockerel are beautiful . They would work best I think as the ISA Browns I have are not a full sized bird like my RIR and Barred Rocks. Most importantly is the health of the bird. Kindly let me know of any health issues that you've encountered.
I haven’t encountered any health issues. Why don’t you PM me.

Anyone in Northern WV have one to two ducklings available for payment or free? Would prefer Cayuga, but I need flock mates for a lonely Pekin duckling ASAP.
Wish I could help. We only have chickens... I am in MD, five miles from PA border and 2 from WV border. Have you checked tractor supplies. I know some in this area have chick's already.

Wish I could help. We only have chickens... I am in MD, five miles from PA border and 2 from WV border. Have you checked tractor supplies. I know some in this area have chick's already.
Oh I drive I-68 every day near that area. I’m going to call TSC, Rural King, and Southern States today. I was trying to find someone local 1) because the duckling came from TSC and all of the other ducklings died. I wasn’t the original owner, but after they died the owner didn’t want more. We don’t exactly know why they died, but naturally I can’t rule out the source, 2) I like supporting local, and 3) last time I was at TSC a few days ago they didn’t have any poultry whatsoever so I’m just a little anxious about finding some duckling friends for this little guy!

Oh I drive I-68 every day near that area. I’m going to call TSC, Rural King, and Southern States today. I was trying to find someone local 1) because the duckling came from TSC and all of the other ducklings died. I wasn’t the original owner, but after they died the owner didn’t want more. We don’t exactly know why they died, but naturally I can’t rule out the source, 2) I like supporting local, and 3) last time I was at TSC a few days ago they didn’t have any poultry whatsoever so I’m just a little anxious about finding some duckling friends for this little guy!
I totally understand. I was in Uniontown tsc a few weeks ago and complained about the condition in one of the broader. It was very sad I wanted to take all of them home. Some sick. Looked like no heat and looked like even a few might have already died. I think they need to make sure someone know what they are doing to care for the little cutties...

I totally understand. I was in Uniontown tsc a few weeks ago and complained about the condition in one of the broader. It was very sad I wanted to take all of them home. Some sick. Looked like no heat and looked like even a few might have already died. I think they need to make sure someone know what they are doing to care for the little cutties...
Ugh I hate that. Yes my friend said she wasn't thrilled with the conditions that she witnessed, but of course I wasn't there. I do know that the last few times I've been to Southern States or TSC and there were chicks, it seems like most of them have pasty butt. Normally I try very hard to avoid those places during chick season! Hopefully I can find myself some ducklings. I'm jumping into this thing without a ton of knowledge myself, given the last minute circumstances, but I've had chickens for the last three years. Sometimes all we can do is our best and hope it's good enough I suppose.

Hello, new to this forum. I have 2 drakes, one is a pekin and one is a khaki Campbell. I got them at a few days old from the farm store. I’ve never had ducks before. I separate them when they are rowdy then not long after being together they will fight. I do not have any female ducks. The drakes can also be peaceful together and forage together without any problems.
I’ve been working from home and have to return to the office soon. I do not want to come home to a dead duck. Would females help the situation or make it worse? If I get females, I could make 2 flocks and keep them separate but I worry about the drakes missing each other. They hate it when I separate them. Any advice is appreciated

Hello, new to this forum. I have 2 drakes, one is a pekin and one is a khaki Campbell. I got them at a few days old from the farm store. I’ve never had ducks before. I separate them when they are rowdy then not long after being together they will fight. I do not have any female ducks. The drakes can also be peaceful together and forage together without any problems.
I’ve been working from home and have to return to the office soon. I do not want to come home to a dead duck. Would females help the situation or make it worse? If I get females, I could make 2 flocks and keep them separate but I worry about the drakes missing each other. They hate it when I separate them. Any advice is appreciated
Getting them females and separating is the best choice if your plan on keeping the. Both. If they all free range together the may still have issues. Pending on spacing you could keep them together if you have enough girls to go around. Idk what the suggestions are for ducks with chickens it's preferred 15 to 20 girls to 1 male. Some say you can go higher.

Back
Top Bottom