Anyone in WV???

Pics
majestic farms and wv bear... just responding to the compliments in the egg chain on my barnies. Thank you very much! They are beautiful. Had I known you liked them I could have brought eggs or chicks to sell at the chicken stock. Maybe the next one lol

believe it or not, Ideal hatchery birds. I have gotten eggs this year from cratty lines and Johan lines though.. I was surprised that both orders of eggs were lighter than my girls lay. I'm going to raise everyone up and see who looks best and then sell of trios of the ones I don't keep. I have 4 pullets and a roo and about 20 chicks that are 3-6 weeks old right now and I only want to keep 6 layers and 2 roos so I should have a few started trios to sell in the fall. I just sold one of my adult barnie roos over the weekend. A lady drove 4 hours to come buy him. I think I'm going to keep at the current adult roo and one of the hens just to pull in that darker egg color. I really want to see more pronounce lacing.

I know nothing about the breed but, I sure think they are gorgeous... just about the prettiest hatchery birds I have ever seen. Congrats.... what's Ideal's number
hide.gif

Last edited:
Guess what I have--that I am going to start breeding--some lemon blue Moderns! I got them from Ideal. I am not sure there is anywhere else you CAN get them.

For those who do not know, these are Modern Game Bird Bantams. They are really cute. Right now they are like little fluff balls on stilts, but later they are little upright banties.

I read about them in the UK Poultry mag. There are not too many here as yet. I am all excited. They are doing very well.

They do not breed true. You get the lemons, and blacks, and splash. But all cute! So perhaps sometime, for some Chickenstock, I'll have eggs.

Catherine

Someone on the egg selling forum noted that she would not send eggs to West Virginia. When questioned as to why, she said that she had to be certified in a number of different way (I cannot remember everything) to send to WV. I checked this out, and apparently it is true.
sad.png

I have been getting eggs from all over, with no problem, and it is really going to interfere with my hatching hobby if this is enforced.

I am planning to get my own flock NPIP'ed, which is free, but that won't affect eggs sent to me.

Darn, I don't see how a chicken could get Avian flue from an egg, but maybe someone knows something I don't. Has anyone else heard of this?

Catherine (IggiMom) (near Fairview)

Back
Top Bottom