Anyone in WV???

Pics
What to see pics? Ok you talked me into it.....
lau.gif
They are doing great and getting bigger
46537_lav_roo_019.jpg
Handsome
46537_lav_roo_013.jpg
Spice~ Clean leg pullet.
46537_lav_roo_012.jpg
Nutmeg
46537_lav_roo_011.jpg
Ginger
46537_lav_roo_010.jpg
Cayenne
46537_lav_roo_008.jpg
Copper

Sorry about the water, I mowed the grass today and gave them some. As you can see they played with it in the water along with their bedding. What can you do kids will be kids no mater what they are!

For Tuffoldhen ~ Ivan is doing great in his 3 week home till he can meet the girls across the field.
46537_lav_roo_034.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh dear Tammy! Looks like you have 1 to many pullets. Don't fear she can come live with me.
hide.gif
Oh I know it's so hard to have some many pullets and not enough roos to go around.
gig.gif

Nooo,
hit.gif
I had to try with Orps looking that good and so young.
love.gif

Tonya, you are too funny. I will be lucky if I have 1 girl in that bunch! 1 of them looks like a boy but acts like a girl. I am hoping the little darker one is a girl. Please please please.

Yeah, I hope you have better luck then I do with my BLRW. No one should be so lucky to get all roos!
I like the 2 darker ones myself over the lighter ones, but that is just my taste. You should not have any trouble finding homes for the roos in that bunch.
Here to hoping for more hens.
fl.gif

let me know if your wanting a feather leg hen to replace the bald leg hen you have , i will replace her for you , i wont cull her just take her out of the breeding program , i could put her in my general population pen ,... but even though she has no feathers legs she should still have recesive my thoughts right or wrong is she should still produce feather leg off spring when bred to a feather leg roo ... anyway let me know ..... so far out of 60 hatched 2 were no feathered legs

Quote:

Quote:

No thats ok I'll keep her if she does not pass feather legs then I'll put her with my mix flock. Thanks for asking that says alot about you and your breeding program. If I don't keep her the guy that got my other roo wants a hen for him. So either way she good with me. I just hope I get nice dark eggs!

Hi all! I'm going to jump right in to the middle of your thread......

I've been posting on BYC since before we got our chickies last year. I'm definitely now a chicken addict! We have 3 RSL girls that we adore. (pics in link, sorry, i haven't uploaded anything to byc)

http://jandcandme.wordpress.com/2009/11/03/chickens-in-the-fall/

We live in Fairmont.....so they are city chickens. This is our little coop (we've added a larger run onto it earlier this year...and now....i'm 'landscaping' in and around the coop. i'm in deep!)

http://jandcandme.wordpress.com/2009/06/14/all-cooped-up/

With our little coop and little yard, I'm not letting us get any more than the 3 we have. I dream of having a bigger yard, with a bigger coop....and more chickens!

Looking forward to learning about everyone and their chickens!

Oh hi--you are near us. We are out in Fairview. My husband teaches at Fairmont State University. I have lots of friends in Fairmont.

Come out and visit the country chickens some time if you like, and see the flock.

I have four new Alpacas, too. I am all excited about them.
big_smile.png

Catherine (IggiMom)

Very cool. What does he teach? I got my degree from there.

I used to teach out in that area as well. (North Marion).

I would have serious country envy. We're casually looking at moving....but need to get closer to morgantown (which means more money for less house/land).

Last edited:
He teaches Sociology, including statistics and marriage and the family, and minority groups.

I think it is neat that you are in Fairmont and that you have chickens!

No problem with zoning, so far as you know?

Catherine

Back
Top Bottom