Anyone in WV???

Pics
Flatwoods is the center of the state, so that would be a good place. Now we just need someone that live there to find a location.

There are a couple of us working on a chicken stock to be done at TSC in Hurricane WV... still a long way for most of the WV members but maybe close enough for some of the southern folks.

Quote:
That is what the Bureau tells me all the time. Takes me 3+ hours to get there. In 4+ hours I can be in Charleston where there is tons more to do and see.

Was at the Days Inn in Flatwoods just Wednesday for a conference. Hit all those outlets across the way and hit the Walmart in Weston coming and going...

It would be great if someone in the center of the state would take on this project. We should at least do something annual.

Just wanted everyone to know that I changed my name...again
lol.png

Flatwoods would work for us. It's 2.5 hours and I love that kitchen supplies outlet.
lol.png
The Days Inn was clean, too. We have a couple of offices up that way- in Clendenin and Gassaway.

Well Catherine, we have our Tractor Supply in Eastpointe (Clarksburg/Bridgeport). Maybe a chickenstock could be started here too. Its perfectly situated in the middle of the state on the Northern side. I'm way too new in the hobby to start something like this but there are lots of people around who have birds. I met a guy there who just recently got over 100 banties to start breeding them. He lives near Phillipi. I also have a friend who's mom lives on Saltwell near Shinnston who raises Silkies. I am currently content with my 16 birds and I am just getting the last 4 acclimated to the others so I'm not ready for anymore. I am certainly impressed with what you post and I could just guess and imagine the setup you have in Fairview. Glad to hear from you all- Ken

Getting NPIP, question.

Ok. The tester is coming some time next week. He did not set up an actual date but he will be here.

I really want to get my little flock NPIP'd.

He says he has to do EVERY bird on the place.

Well, lots of luck. I have lots of Peafowl and Guineas who will never EVER be caught. They are excellent flyers.

Is this going to count for nothing? Or will he pretend he doesn't see them (don't ask, don't tell)?

Or could my flock just be considered NPIP'd for chickens.

My free range birdies are very friendly and will come right up to us, but no, he will never catch them. I just wondered if anyone who has had this done knows how it works.

Catherine

Guess I am feeling chatty this morning--back to Chickenstocks. I have found some PEAFOWL eggs. I will hatch them out and I could have Peachicks for sale!

They should be India blue with the gene for Silver Pied, maybe, or they could be pure India Blue. I am not sure exactly how this works.

Catherine

Hey Catherine, they are super by the book and will need to check every birds... which means someone needs to sneak up on those little boogers in the middle of the night and cage them
lol.png
sounds like fun.

Another chickenstock in the north western neck would be great. There are many folks I've heard from that are just too far out to come to the eastern panhandle meet. It's really pretty easy to do one. Just call the TSC and pick a date.. .usually at least a month out so you can get the word out. Make your post here and list your rules. Then spread flyers and post on craigslist and maybe a newspaper ad

Back
Top Bottom