Anyone in WV???

Here is a pic of both breeds. I used to have 11 but a bobcat got 5 when we let them stay out at our pond. Now they stay at the barn with the chickens.

I have A little over a year old White jersey giant hen and 2 a little under 6 month old bantam hens for trade. For other bantams. Located in fayette county wv. I posted an add in the 8 weeks and older section. If you want to see pictures.

Here is a pic of both breeds. I used to have 11 but a bobcat got 5 when we let them stay out at our pond. Now they stay at the barn with the chickens.
OOOOO, I love them. When I first decided to get ducks, I researched and fell in love with Cayuga. I still haven't been able to get any after multiple attempts. (purchased eggs from "show Quality" parents that hatched as Khaki Campell) My first order of ducks were suppose to be Cayuga but they sent me Khaki's and blue swedish instead and I love my Blue. Her name is bed head. She is my avitar.

I had a faverolles rooster and a polish hat were meanies. I got the fav because I read how docile they were. He thought I was a hen and chased me and my daughters. I finally had enough so he is gone and so is the polish. I don't waste my time on mean Roos. I have a few good ones right now and it really makes all the difference. Just get rid of him and get another. Once they chase me or try to flog me they are out.

Good luck! I know it's a pain.

I know this doesn't apply to chickens, but I'm trying to locate this poor dogs owners.. I found a pit mix or full pit in my driveway this morning. He is very friendly, comes to you wagging his tail and with his head lowered. He keeps going to the road and sitting down. There appears to be an outline of where a collar used to be so I don't know if he slipped his collar or if he was thrown out. If you live in the Summers county or Monroe county area and have lost your dog, please contact me. The dog catch will be picking him up later. Maybe. He didn't pick up the last dog that got thrown out and he got hit by an 18 wheeler. I do not want this to happen to this dog. I cannot put him in my yard due to having 2 dogs of my own and my chickens free range.

Sorry if it offends anyone that I posted here and it wasn't about chickens. I just want to find this fur baby his home or a new home before he gets hit or gets put to sleep.

Thanks.

That's a dog that's been living indoors all winter, so I'm thinking this dog was not tied outside and slipped a collar. I'm thinking you have a dumped off dog, especially since he's sitting by the road waiting for his owner to come back...if he had wandered away from home he'd just wander right on back. That's a drop off. What a shame and how sad to see it.

P
I know this doesn't apply to chickens, but I'm trying to locate this poor dogs owners.. I found a pit mix or full pit in my driveway this morning. He is very friendly, comes to you wagging his tail and with his head lowered. He keeps going to the road and sitting down. There appears to be an outline of where a collar used to be so I don't know if he slipped his collar or if he was thrown out. If you live in the Summers county or Monroe county area and have lost your dog, please contact me. The dog catch will be picking him up later. Maybe. He didn't pick up the last dog that got thrown out and he got hit by an 18 wheeler. I do not want this to happen to this dog. I cannot put him in my yard due to having 2 dogs of my own and my chickens free range. Sorry if it offends anyone that I posted here and it wasn't about chickens. I just want to find this fur baby his home or a new home before he gets hit or gets put to sleep. Thanks. [/quote Poor fur baby! That breaks my heart! Can you post pic on FB ? If you can't find his original owner you may be able to find a good home for it. I agree with BeeKissed looks like was a very well fed indoor dog, looks quite healthy too you may want t chk at the local vets offices one of them have probably treated it or at least given it shots. I already have a Pixer ( pit/boxer) that is territorial towards other dogs or I'd b driving down there to get it. I sure hope you find a GOOD home for it.

I gave him some food and kept an eye on him until I had to lay down to get some sleep. I work nights and I'd been up since 4 a.m. I asked my parents (they live beside me) if they would keep checking on him during the time I was napping. I got up at 6:30 and mom and dad said animal control never showed up and he sat in the road for a long time facing the sun. I went out and looked for him with the spot light but didn't find him. I'm going to look again before I leave for work. I think he was abandoned too. Which seriously makes me mad. Why get a dog if you're gonna throw them out. Someone pulled into my neighbor's yard earlier before I laid down and I watched to see what the dog would do and, more importantly, what the person would do. I didn't want them to hit him or kick at him. He ran over, just like a friendly dog, tail wagging like crazy and bouncing up and down like he was overjoyed someone was there for him to see. The guy got out of his car, petted him on the head and the dog walked with him to the front door. My neighbor gave him something to eat.

I have decided if I see the dog out tonight or in the morning when I come home, I don't care what the animal control guy thinks or says. I will call him at home AGAIN and I will give him a piece of my mind. I am then going to call the Sheriff's department and lodge a complaint against him for animal cruelty and animal neglect. I will also contact various news agencies and tell them what has happened. This guy is supposed to be on call 24/7. He told me he was going to Walmart and would come back my way when he got back. Since when is Walmart more important than an animal that has been abandoned and is cold? The temperature outside right now is 31 degrees and it is supposed to drop in the low 20's tonight. I'm just so angry at the laziness of people that are supposed to take care of animals. In the past, before I got the job I have now, I have gone without food myself just so my DD and my animals could have food. I'm sorry at the long post. I'm just so angry over this entire situation. We get animals dumped and dropped off all the time. The last one I called Animal control to come get ended up getting hit by 2 tractor trailers. Animal control never showed up. I let him know just what I thought of him then. I guess I should have taken it farther. I will this time if the poor dog has not been picked up. I haven't found him so I don't know where he is. I will check again shortly.

Thanks everyone.

Oh, btw...I posted his pic on FB, here and on Topix. No one even offered to come get him. Which is unusual in this area since there are so many pit lovers/owners around here. I wish I could have let him in the yard, but my parents own this property and I have to abide by their wishes. And he never made a move to try to get to the chickens. They were at the fence near him and he just sniffed them and sat down. Toby, one of my dogs, jumped the fence and went out in the driveway and played with him for a while. Then jumped the fence and laid on the porch. The poor dog just sat at the gate after Toby came back in the yard looking like he was wondering why he couldn't come in too. I felt so sorry for him.

ONEDOODLETHREE: did you ever find out what happened with the dog? I'm a big dog lover was concerned he may not live in the cold weather. Did animal control come get him?

Ok so how is everyone else fairing in this unusually cold weather? Are your chickens doing well? How about your other animals? My Chickadee (Pit-Boxer cross dog) is not liking the snow as much as she did years ago. She goes out t do her business and runs back in as fast as her old legs will carry her. My chickens are doing ok so far. My Roo, Redman (a HRIR) has frost bitten comb and wattle, I think he may lose about 1/4 of his comb. : (. My girls are all doing well, I'm still getting 8-15 eggs a day from 17 hens. So I'm not complaining. Snow is 9 " deep without drifting and expecting another 3-6 tomorrow. How about you?

Back
Top Bottom