Anyone in WV???

I have some duck eggs in the incubator that have been in for about a week. My power went out last night and came back on this morning :(. I think it was out for about 12 hrs. The temp was in the 70s when I checked on it this morning. Anyone have any idea what might happen to the eggs/ducklings? Could they still hatch?

I'm not too sure but I would think the temp was low for too long. :0( I could be wrong and anyone can chime in if they know. Did you see any veins before then or any movement? Normally with a broody hen they can get off the eggs for a couple of hours but not for 12. :0(

I am still interested but have a couple questions. Is the minimum order still 25? Do you know approximately when you can expect them? I want to make sure the other 2 people I spoke of are still on track. Also I want to make sure I won't be away when they are ready for pick up. I will be away 24th- 27th then again 3 or 4 days around May 3rd. Thanks.

Have you looked into Welp hatchery? Everything I ordered from them last year has turned out beautiful and healthy. I was really impressed and they sent extras too:) A lot of feed stores, etc around your area order from Mt Healthy which hasn't had a good track record in the past two years for salmonella. Just a thought but I love how beautiful and healthy the chicks were when they arrived and how they are now- not to mention there is no additional shipping. Chick prices are still around the same as other hatcheries too.

Back
Top Bottom