Anyone in WV???

Pics
Any local folks interested? I have 4 Seramas- 2 boys are frizzled multi- colored- 1 is 1 year old, 1 is 9 months old, a golden and black 1 year old hen, and a 5 month old pullet that is mainly black and carries the frizzled gene. I am asking $40 for all of them or $12 each. I also have a few white Showgirl Silkie chicks that were hatched in May $10 each, 4 pet quality Silkie chicks hatched in June- 1 white and 3 grey/blue/possibly splash $5 each. 2 Salmon Faverolle cockerels $3 each, 1 Bantam Cochin cockerel- part of a friend's Mille Fleur color project and he's multi colored Mille pattern $3, and 1 red frizzled bantam Cochin cockerel and one bantam red frizzled hen that just started laying- $5 for the pair because they need to be together, they are in love
wink.png

I'm in Pipestem, WV.

de28460b.jpg

cb9a6471.jpg

Last edited:
Hope someone here can help. Two of our Red Star girls are past the point of being useful, and I want to send them to freezer camp but I cannot do the deed myself. (Yes I know they will be tough, I plan to turn them into stew and broth). I know there are no licensed poultry processing facilities in WV, but could anyone point me to someone who would do it for a small fee? Just two chickens and hopefully the next time it needs done I will be in a position where I can do it myself.

If we were not in the city I would just let them be pets but with us being in town I have to have them laying eggs or there is not much point in having them.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Quote:
There is a thread on the forum currently about people who are willing to process or instruct....you might want to peruse it for someone in your area. Look for that thread in the meat bird section, I think. I'd do it for you in a heartbeat but I live in Pendleton Co....a little too far to travel for just two birds.

we were lucky in our area. One of our local peeps hosted a class on butchering and provided the chickens. It was great to learn in a group and a lot easier starting with chickens that weren't family friends lol

Thank you for the replies! I have found a 4-H'er who will be processing a batch of meat birds in about 6 weeks and he has agreed to put our elderly ladies in with that group (he says and I agree that there will be no problem telling which ones are ours). This is a load off my mind, and now I can start planning to purchase more.

Back
Top Bottom