Anyone know what breed it is?

Lthornsberry

In the Brooder
May 31, 2021
Kentucky, USA
Picked up an array of birds one day from rural king, was mainly getting Plymouth rocks but sometimes others get mixed in. I have one that I have no clue what it is, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20210531_123323_capture.jpg
    20210531_123323_capture.jpg
    860.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 20210531_123326_capture.jpg
    20210531_123326_capture.jpg
    879.3 KB · Views: 17
Reminds me of a not so standard Bielefelder. How old here?
7de47f53aafa71b6933d2c0a3ebcd798.jpg

I am totally not an expert. But, that's my official guess, a Bielefelder. There's really been not much luck, supposedly, with them in the USA, apparently tainted lines. Some of the hens look like the roosters, though they aren't supposed to. bielefelder Another link. Check out the yellow feet, the colors, the more pointed tail. Let me know if I am totally off base!
Definitely not a bielefelder. The pattern is way too far off. Bielefelders are barred gold duckwing, while this chicken has a mixed coloring that seems to involve columbian. The only similarity to a bielefelder I’m seeing are the yellow legs.

T
That is an odd chicken. I'm really racking my brain here and I'm not seeing an obvious breed. It looks to be a mix of some sort, no clue what the label is though. Maybe designed as a blue layer or meat bird. It looks very course so I'm thinking more meat bird/dual purpose mix. @Overo Mare, anything coming to mind?
Thanks. And yea fairly certain is was probably a mix up breed wise, I've never seen anything like it before. But then again we try to focus on heritage breeds, but have also crossed our BCMs with some of our other laying breeds since he was the only roo we had at the time.

Back
Top Bottom