Anyone know what breed?

meangreenie

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 20, 2014
WV
IMG_5442.JPG
IMG_5441.JPG

Probably a Production Red (hatchery RIR or NH) or Red Sex Link.

You are at the awkward juvenile feather stage...neither baby down or adult feather....a few more weeks should bring in more adult feathers that will give you a clue.

Production Reds will be all red body with black ticking on tail and possibly neck.

Red Sex Links will be all red body with white lacing...the amount and location varies...but typically at the neck, wing tips, tail tip, often even the bum.

Looking pullet thus far...but it's early (if Prod. Red...but boys telecast pretty early)...if RSL, then if we knew that, we'd know it's a girl.

LofMc

Probably a Production Red (hatchery RIR or NH) or Red Sex Link.

You are at the awkward juvenile feather stage...neither baby down or adult feather....a few more weeks should bring in more adult feathers that will give you a clue.

Production Reds will be all red body with black ticking on tail and possibly neck.

Red Sex Links will be all red body with white lacing...the amount and location varies...but typically at the neck, wing tips, tail tip, often even the bum.

Looking pullet thus far...but it's early (if Prod. Red...but boys telecast pretty early)...if RSL, then if we knew that, we'd know it's a girl.

LofMc
I have red sex links already that are called golden comets. Didn't look like these chicks. Hoping they are good layers whatever they are. I hope they are all pullets because they were not in the straight run bin. I am a little worried about one that is a silver laced wyandotte though. Not very friendly. Always trying to come after my finger, and will not let me hold it. The rest are fine.

Back
Top Bottom