Anyone know what this is? Rock? Scab?

I tried last night and it was not budging at all. I made an appointment with the vet but the only appointment they had was August 23. And the chicken keeps taking the bandage off of her foot with the vet wrap.

I tried last night and it was not budging at all. I made an appointment with the vet but the only appointment they had was August 23. And the chicken keeps taking the bandage off of her foot with the vet wrap.
Poor little chicken. I hope that you can do something for her in the meantime. I would keep soaking the foot.

Poor little chicken. I hope that you can do something for her in the meantime. I would keep soaking the foot.
Was just going to say - keep soaking as much as you can until the vet appointment on the 23rd. I suspect the more you soak the easier it will be to get everything out.

If she does happen to bleed do i just apply pressure until it stops? Luckily she’s our calmer chicken so she was actually falling asleep while i was trying to get it out😅
Yes. Ideally it wouldn’t get to where it bleeds but if it does then put pressure, and stop. Go ahead and wrap the foot with Neosporin.

Not sure if anyone cares, but i ended up taking her to the vet a couple weeks ago and the dr told me to put some corn softeners on it and keep it wrapped. I’ve been keeping them on and changing them every 48 hours for about 3 weeks now. Tonight i decided to pick at it again and i got most of the infection out, there is still a little bit left in but she started bleeding pretty bad so i stopped and put some ointment on it tonight and wrapped it up.

Not sure if anyone cares, but i ended up taking her to the vet a couple weeks ago and the dr told me to put some corn softeners on it and keep it wrapped. I’ve been keeping them on and changing them every 48 hours for about 3 weeks now. Tonight i decided to pick at it again and i got most of the infection out, there is still a little bit left in but she started bleeding pretty bad so i stopped and put some ointment on it tonight and wrapped it up.
Yes, we care! Your experience can help the next person who searches for "bumblefoot" when their chicken has the same problem. Sounds like you made progress, and hopefully it will heal up on its own now.

Yes, we care! Your experience can help the next person who searches for "bumblefoot" when their chicken has the same problem. Sounds like you made progress, and hopefully it will heal up on its own now.
I’m hoping! I’m not sure if i’ll be able to get the very small portion that’s still in her foot because it’s so deep but i definitely made progress on it and i’m happy that i did :)

Back
Top Bottom