Anyone Knows a Cure?

Nichrome

Chirping
6 Years
May 22, 2013
Hello friends,

In times of questioning and inexperience, here am making a hundred questions for you to answer...for which, I thank you in advance!

I have had this batch of cals and chinese who hatched o exactly the same day. As time passed, I noticed that the chinese were eating more and thus growing more quickly than the cal an in one of my previous posts I have already questioned the cal chick being very sleepy. In the first picture below, you can compare the cal chick beside his chinese cousins, you can see the difference in size is evident for chicks of the same age. In the second picture, you can see the cal chick's rear end. Everything looks normal apart from a spot of dry blood just below the vent. What is that? Is is a healed blood navel? What should I do?

How long has it been since they all hatched? Based on the wing growth on the Cal., it looks like it's about 4 days old from when you took the picture. If its already been a week or more, then your Cal chick has a delayed growth. The Cal. chick shouldn't be sleepy otherwise it would mean it caught something, maybe from the other chicks.

Chicks in the picture are a week old and I know that the cal has a delayed growth.

As you can see it has dried blood on the navel and I need to know it to clean it off or leave it there.

Back
Top Bottom