Anyone looking foward for winter?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Nicole01, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    I am. I'd much rather deal with the cold then the heat any day. Not the subzero temps, but cool enough for some snow flurries. This has been the hottest summer in 45 years with record breaking tempatures and heat index. I suppose it won't be long before fall is upon us. [​IMG] I'm looking forward once again for the leaves to change their color.

2. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Ummm +30 -30....... Nope not realley. I like Fall and Spring the middle grounds [​IMG]

3. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I am not quite ready for winter.....I love fall....harvest time, BUT with this hot weather we've been having, winter doesn't seem too bad at all! [​IMG]

4. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    I prefer love Winter except for the freezing of waterers. But heck I will deal with that compared to the heat. I can not stand the heat. [​IMG]

5. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    Nope, I had enough snow and -50 last winter to last a lifetime!

Now, if I did not work outside in it, I might have a different answer, but I did and there is no way in H-E-L-L I would ever do that again:rolleyes:

6. woodmort

woodmort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    No!

7. bt03

bt03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Over the rainbow...
    I really miss the freezing temperatures we had in Jan-Feb [​IMG] I had the flu during the worst of the freezes & I wasn't allowed to go outside at all (my dad stayed home with me & per my husbands instructions wouldn't even let me go feed the chickens) and now that it's so hot I feel like I missed the best part of the winter. I like the cold... a lot! When it is cold just throw on a couple of extra layers and you are good to go, but in the heat you can take off every stitch of clothing on your body and there is still no relief. Spring and fall are best but they don't last very long at all around here so I will take the lesser of 2 evils... Winter

ETA: Over 30 days of 100+ with no significant measurable amount of rainfall since July 2010... I miss you winter!!!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  8. karlamaria

karlamaria Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    Quote:Same here! We are in the 70s here, not hot by any standards but were in the 90s last 2 weeks. Our winters are brutal and last from late October until may! heck we have snow in June motet of the time! So no winter comes to fast for us here and summer is here and gone fast,

9. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Yes i am, i hate 100 degree plus weather specially after it rains.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  10. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    I always look forward to winter. I've never liked the heat.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by