Anyone making Homemade Christmas Gifts?

My sister made some ornaments similar to the snowmen ones you made but she said yours look much better than hers
thumbsup.gif

Those spiders are really cool, my mother would freak if she got something like that, she hates spiders. My sister is a "beader" though so might have to try!

My sister made some ornaments similar to the snowmen ones you made but she said yours look much better than hers
thumbsup.gif

Those spiders are really cool, my mother would freak if she got something like that, she hates spiders. My sister is a "beader" though so might have to try!
I included a little scroll with the "legend of the christmas spider" on it.. one given to each family to help explain why they got the spiders.. I'm not sure who the original author is.. my friend sent it to me in a little e-card

here's what it says:

"THE LEGEND OF THE CHRISTMAS SPIDER

A long time ago in Germany, a mother was busily cleaning for Christmas. The spiders fled to the attic to escape the broom. When the house became quiet the spiders slowly crept downstairs for a peek.

Oh what a beautiful tree!

In their excitement they scurried up the trunk and out along each branch. They were filled with happiness as they climbed amongst the glittering beauty.

But alas! By the time they were through climbing, the tree was completely shrouded in their dusty grey spider webs.

When Santa Claus came with the gifts for the children and saw the tree covered with spider webs, he smiled as he saw how happy the spiders were, but knew how heartbroken the mother would be if she saw the tree covered with the dusty webs.

So he turned the webs to silver and gold. The tree sparkled and shimmered and was even more beautiful than before.
That's why we have tinsel on our tree and every tree should have a Christmas spider in it's branches!"

You ladies should have joined the ornament swap, lovely
not real crazy for the spiders but I would probably have to have one just for the story,

Last edited:
Love the legend of the spider, had never heard it before but may need to 'borrow' it some day. Thanks for sharing! :)

Go for it!
big_smile.png

You ladies should have joined the ornament swap, lovely
not real crazy for the spiders but I would probably have to have one just for the story,

I had though about it.. Several years ago I made little fimo / sculpy "gooney birds" (I may have to make one so I can post a picture).. last year I did egg ornaments (hand painted) and also gave all the ladies little handmade crystal christmas tree earrings (swarovski beads). So this year was the spiders and snowmen. Next year .. who knows! I do have a bunch of emu eggs that I need to carve.. but they are a little too big to be ornaments

Make one of your gooney birds I'd like to see a pic. and the emu eggs could be hung from one of those ornament stand/hanger or put on a little pedestal.

My SIL and I usually exchange homemade gifts for our kids. I'm so excited to have a place to brag about the backpack I made for my 8yo niece this year because it turned out so cute. I made it out of caprisun pouches and a little bit of webbing from Joann's Fabrics. All together cost was about $4.00 for webbing and some snaps. (In pic I hadn't put snaps on yet which is why it is gaping a little). Only other materials I needed was a little bit of flannel I had laying around that I used to make a cushioned interior pocket for her Nook/Ipod. I liked it so much when I was finished that I made another for a niece in another family.
Yeah, me! Yeah for recycling! Yeah for sharing the LOVE of homemade gifts!

Back
Top Bottom