Anyone mechanically inclined? S10 Blazer no start...

Work truck with low gears an a few melted spark plug wires. Probably made about 15mpg when we picked it up in Ohio. I know one tank got it home halling a 1956 nomad drag car on a trailer behind it. I just ragged it out. Was still going 8 years later when someone hit it. Engines in a friends farm truck now an still going...

A good 350... trains powering up... J57 jet engines with water injection... I love the sound of power.

So you play the harmonica? I envy you, I can't play anything. I love music but I think I'm tone deaf.

I just remember that in grade school they gave us lessons with a little instrument they called a tonette (sp?), I have heard it called a flutophone and other names so not sure what it actually was. I failed. And the teacher would play a note and ask us what note it was. Everyone else seemed to have the answer, they all sounded pretty much the same to me. I'll have to see what you have there when I have a bit of time and ambition at the same time.

And the rest of the story... the base of her TBI was different than the one that we had here so we just swapped the top part (with the injectors) but it still wasn't putting out the gas that we could see. Without the wind it was quiet enough to hear that the fuel pump was kicking on until it pressurized then it would cut out. We spent half of the day yesterday running to different stores to see if we could find parts to get the fuel pressure tester hooked up to the fuel line, no luck.

While at the parts store, DH picked up an ignition module. Today we put it in and it actually started! We probably looked like idiots doing a happy dance in the parking lot... Put it back together and I drove it home.

My daughter actually lives 4 hours away from here but is staying here for work temporarily. We bought this for her to have a ride to work and it still has a temp tag in the window, they mailed her plates to her home address. He boyfriend needs to get off of his rear and mail the plates here, her temp tag is expired. And would you believe a small town cop actually pulled me over to see if the tag was current when I was driving it home?
he.gif
I'm not even sure it was legal for him to do that... He didn't give me a ticket or anything, just took my license to run it through.

So yeah... it was the module.

I just have no idea of why there was no sign of fuel until it actually started... at least it's there now! My daughter noticed it was missing from the parking lot at work and called to ask if we moved it. She's really excited that it runs now and asked if that means she can have it back. I told her no, not until it has plates on it. So now the ball is in the boyfriends court, we did our part :D

Thank you so much for all of the help!

Back
Top Bottom