My 11 yr old son named his 2 golden sexlinks and 4 black sexlinks:
Cuda
Mustang
Porsche
Ferrari
Camaro
Charger....
1f61d.png

We've only named 3 of our 10 - Penelope, Einstein and Snow White. They are the only 3 we can tell apart! We are waiting until we can tell the others apart, or until they do something that prompts us to give them a a name. Einstein got her (yes, her!) name because she was the first to figure out that it was a good idea to come running when we come into the coop...there just might be treats in the bowl!

Some of my family and friends were enthusiastic about naming them, so I let them choose the names... Lol
wee.gif
The two Ameraucanas are Sollie and Barnie. The Orpingtons are Oscar and Phebe. And the Australorps are Eva and Hewey. (Guess I had the names wrong-as my younger sister had to correct me. Lol) But as random as the names are, the chicks named were happily named, so all good by me!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
backyard chicks must have all a name...i'm just starting this "chick" adventure....but the first thing I did was name them.....my daughter said when you name them there's no having chickens for dinner one day (LOL)....
Annie, Pearl, Nona, Rayann.....(after my grandmothers)....

We just got our chicks last night. 3 RIR's (12 days old) 2 EE's (22 days old), 2 leghorn's (18 days old), and 3 GW's (18 days old)
jumpy.gif
. We are letting our 4 godkids name them, we have 2 names so far. Bossie Bessie (1 GW) she seems to be the highest in the picking order and is already watching over the flock. My husband think she might be a *he* and Foghorn (1 leghorn) who is already trying to get out of the brooder box and is roosting on top of the feeder
D.gif
. lol oh and all are suppose to be pullets.
lol.png

We did all M names. Miss, Mary, Mac, Margret, May and Mt. Dew (my 6 year old picked)

Last edited:

Winnie is the lighter one, she had pasty butt as a baby so it's kinda to go with "the pooh" lol

And doodle is the darker, because her chipmunk pattern was like a little doodle on her :)

Back
Top Bottom