Anyone Nervous About New England Nor'easter?

Aww ;-)
Heres a pic of what our coop looks like right now
Very chilly
hide.gif

I went out and gave them food and water and oatmeal. I think mine have gone back in to the coop too. I will close the doors to the coop once I am sure they aren't coming out. I kept the food in the coop but not the water. I heard you should keep the water out because of frost bite correct?

Hi,
Not local to you all, but I wanted to say something.... oatmeal is not good if you're worried about frostbite. It gets their faces wet. They're much better off being just treated as normal. And I agree with others, if you close up the coop for the day, put the water in too.

Last edited:
Blah...
It's now raining and we have the heaviest 2 in of snow ever- not fun for shoveling :(
Well, one of my ameraucanas laid her 4 th egg- all of them have been shell-less. She has access to oyster shell and everything so I think shes just getting settled into a routine. Two of them have been laid from the perch at night and 2 in the nesting box, but it's getting tiring cleaning up after all those messes :/
I just let today's one be because we have an outside access nesting box so I didn't want it to rain all over the hen laying in the other nesting box.
Arghh, I'm getting tired of today's weather
barnie.gif
he.gif

Here in Ohio, we have almost 4" of snow already, but that's not what concern my hens from going out, it's the whipping cold winds that feels like 10* F. I don't close their coop pop door unless it's sub zeros, they are free to go in and out day or night. Heated Water & feeders are in the run.

Back
Top Bottom