Anyone new to chicken buy the Isabelle leghorn Right now there my all time favorite

Aug 21, 2020
If you want a pretty rare breed more prettier than the lavender Orpington and has more color high egg production a long living pet and eggs chicken that is great with kids and people these fireceless but skittish calm creature there a little skittish but calm and when you gain a realationship With them you’ll have love and loyalty as no other chIckes they have an egg production up to 300 you can purchase them at Hoover hatchery here is a picture of them a Hoover hatchery

Attachments

• CB03D85D-D466-4B0C-8987-2576628909E5.png
    CB03D85D-D466-4B0C-8987-2576628909E5.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
If you're new to chickens, I wouldn't fill a flock with them. They are very lovely, but also fairly expensive and from all I've learned, a bit on the delicate side. They've been around for a while, but there's a reason they're still rare and expensive. I've not known any hatchery that kept them for more than a year or two.

If you want a pretty rare breed more prettier than the lavender Orpington and has more color high egg production a long living pet and eggs chicken that is great with kids and people these fireceless but skittish calm creature there a little skittish but calm and when you gain a realationship With them you’ll have love and loyalty as no other chIckes they have an egg production up to 300 you can purchase them at Hoover hatchery here is a picture of them a Hoover hatchery
They sound cool. Thanks for shedding some light on a breed I didn’t know about. 😀

As with any breed someone is considering it would be wise to research into them before purchasing.
I would never rely on the info a hatchery has posted as being completely accurate.
I agree with @RiverOtter and its not only hatcheries. Most breeders that got into them soon got out of them. The roosters show the majority of the issues in some lines and I notice that Hoover's didn't add any pics of males.

I have a white leghorn and I wouldn't describe her as 'great with kids'- she's skittish and gets into trouble a lot. (I still love her, though)

We had one a few years ago that we all called Cuckoo. She was friendly, so long as you didn't look at her, reach for her or think about her XD. Good layer though and it was still sad when she passed.

Also as a breed that's designed to be egg machines, I wouldn't bet on them living as long as some lesser producing breeds.
That’s why I feed thee eggs back :) they luv scrambled eggs and they can live long if u feed them there eggs and egg shells back sometimes I don’t do it often I usually feed my whole flock2 scarmbled egg for breakfast with shells but they ignore the shells and I have enough egg for me and the hens togther because i Get 15 eggs in total and 4 eggs for the hens everyday and some for me I usually feed my high egger more of them the eggs they could live long it’s the way you treat them and before I had egg machines like I use to have isa brown and she lived for 10 years google said she will live for 3 years I would not trust google without proof

Last edited:
As with any breed someone is considering it would be wise to research into them before purchasing.
I would never rely on the info a hatchery has posted as being completely accurate.
I agree with @RiverOtter and its not only hatcheries. Most breeders that got into them soon got out of them. The roosters show the majority of the issues in some lines and I notice that Hoover's didn't add any pics of males.
I bought them from cackle hatchery before and I hadn’t had in problem with them idk probably because 5 of the straight run were hens and 3 were rooster but I gotten more from Hoover hatchery

I have a white leghorn and I wouldn't describe her as 'great with kids'- she's skittish and gets into trouble a lot. (I still love her, though)
Isn’t that what I said? you proably misunderstood when I said she’s calm with it flighty but calm once u get the hang of them at the first and middle very flighty and skittish that calms down and than if u gain her trust it’s special trust me I owned and Isabelle leghorn name Paris ik

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom