Anyone new to chicken buy the Isabelle leghorn Right now there my all time favorite

Well then why suggest getting some from Hoover's and acting like they know there won't be any issues with their's if their only experience is ordering chicks last night?
That poster is impossible to understand and contradicts themselves constantly. Also makes no sense that one minute they seem to have all this experience with Isabellas and the next they don't seem to know anything about them.
I'm out. This is a train wreck situation.

Last edited:
Oh so you have Isabellas from Hoover's? I see that's what you posted but odd since they haven't sold any yet.
Youre also saying you have some from cackle? You have pics of yours from there?
Because my old Isabelle leghorn are from cackle hatchery I got recently new ones from Hoover’s

Well then why suggest getting some from Hoover's and acting like they know there won't be any issues with there's if their only experience is ordering chicks last night?
That poster is impossible to understand and contradicts themselves constantly. Also makes no sense that one minute they seem to have all this experience with Isabellas and the next they don't seem to know anything about them.
I'm out. This is a train wreck situation.
getting Them is difficult yes chicks will die from mail but Hoover’s can replace them for free that’s why u shouldn’t be that worry sorry if I sound dumb or think I know everything I will admit I had some problems with roosters but not the hens 🥺

Isn’t that what I said? you proably misunderstood when I said she’s calm with it flighty but calm once u get the hang of them at the first and middle very flighty and skittish that calms down and than if u gain her trust it’s special trust me I owned and Isabelle leghorn name Paris ik
1609695600473.png

I have a white leghorn and I wouldn't describe her as 'great with kids'- she's skittish and gets into trouble a lot. (I still love her, though)
I agree with you. While Leghorn usually means "egg machine" they are mischievous and they can be bullies to other breeds in the flock. I swore one time that when the Leghorns died off, I was not replacing them. They go where they are not supposed to go, they go further than than yhey are suppose to go and it seems every problem I have had seems to have started because a Leghorn cause a problem. Not a fan. I don't care how many eggs they lay.

I agree with you. While Leghorn usually means "egg machine" they are mischievous and they can be bullies to other breeds in the flock. I swore one time that when the Leghorns died off, I was not replacing them. They go where they are not supposed to go, they go further than than yhey are suppose to go and it seems every problem I have had seems to have started because a Leghorn cause a problem. Not a fan. I don't care how many eggs they lay.
I actually really like leghorns- just goes to show how people can have very different experiences with the same breed. I was more trying to correct some claims that the OP had made that I didn't agree with :)

Back
Top Bottom