Anyone on a low budget X-mas this year?

Quote:
Lye is Sodium Hydroxide, NaOH. A very strong base and very dangerous because it can cause severe chemical burns. Definitely has to be handled with care. But it is sold at most hardware stores as a drain cleaner (for soapmaking, you must be sure the container says 100% NaOH). Lye is necessary for the chemical reaction that turns fats into soap.

I make my own recipes using the help of SoapCalc.

5 years ago I learned to crochet so I made my nieces and nephews scarves because it was a rough year for me. My brother and his wife got matching hats and so on and so on for my family because it was what I could afford. Times got a bit better but not much so gifts were always along the lines of something new that I learned to craft and do. This year when we moved in May I found leftovers of the yarns I bought the first year I started doing homemade gifts. My sister-in-law was ecstatic! My nephews still have the scarves that I made and still use them so she was happy when I told her I planned on hats for them. She told me it's the only thing she can remember that they have kept in all their Christmases
smile.png

PS The stocking I made for them 4 years ago hang on their mantle every year, and she always remembers to post a picture to Facebook and tell her friends to buy some from me
hugs.gif
Love that woman.

Back
Top Bottom