Anyone on a low budget X-mas this year?

Kuntry Klucker

Crowing
12 Years
Jun 9, 2010
Tennesee Smoky Mts.
Just wondering who else is having a low budget Christmas this year. We have had a lot of
expenses this year so we are doing Christmas a little scaled back this year. Who else is in the same
boat?

I am, but I usually can make something for gifts. Generally, I've been able to pull together a tiny amount of money to get something nice for a couple of people.

My family usually tries to do a low budget christmas every year. Mostly that entailed just cutting out getting gifts for everybody except for very immediate family.

Nope Not us. We aren't on a low budget Christmas. uh uh, not us.

We are on a "no" budget Christmas.
hide.gif

But we'll have everything that matters anyway. Family, friends and plenty to eat. Everything else is just "stuff" anyway.
smile.png

And I will be thankful for all my blessings.

I could go into more details, but let's just say that money is so tight, we can just about pay the mortgage and buy groceries. Building our first chicken coop is not helpful financially either, and I've been out of work all year.

Each year, I try to make homemade gifts for immediate family and special friends - was considering making pies in a jar to give out, but I don't even think I can afford the ingredients. Seems like each year it gets worse instead of better! If the chickens were laying eggs, I would even consider giving a dozen fresh eggs as a gift, but they are too young. This time of year should be joyous and special, but I'm having trouble getting in the spirit.

Hubby and I were BOTH unemployed for quite a while. He would get a job and they would lay him off in 3 months, right before benefits kicked in. We tried to get financial assistance, but were not qualified because we "made too much money" - are they kidding me? We were both on unemployment! His 1986 truck would lose parts as he drove down the road. He would spend every weekend in the garage trying to fix it and keep it running. THANK GOD that he found a job about 6 months ago and I was able to have my hysterectomy when his benefits kicked in. I haven't had a permanent job since 2008! Don't believe anyone that tells you there is a shortage of teachers! There are 800 applicants for every open position!!!

I hope everyone who is struggling this year finds peace, love, joy, good health, and many blessings!!!

Last edited:
This year we are very lucky. Ken got a job building a website for a darned good payday. Last Christmas was very tight, all the kids got gift cards for not much money. And they all acted like they got the best gift ever. It taught me a lot about our kids. This year we really only have the kids and two grandkids to buy for. The babies don't know what's going on, so they will get what they need. I am thankful that this year is not going to be as tight as years past.

For us, this year is tighter than years past. Makes my argument to wife that we have spent to much on buying junk in years past all that much stronger. Our kids are spoiled, and I think I am the only one that sees it
hmm.png
I say let them have a christmas with a home and food and not much else, maybe they will appreciate what the get next year.
rant.gif

Back
Top Bottom