Anyone order from MyPetChicken?

We got 12 last year from MPC and were very happy. Normally there is always one rooster when we order from other places, but we got all pullets this time.

Ok thanks! So now one more question, do you know of any other hatcheries that would sell them at less than 6 minimum, because next year we want to get 4.. MPC is the only one i heard of that the min. is 3

With Ideal, they have a $25.00 minimun which is a little different than the usual 25 birds. It would be about 8-10 birds depending on breed. You can tell them you want only pullets, and not to put in any extras that are males. They charge a small insurance fee(just 1.75 for that). The shipping cost with them was the best I found.

Am I the only one here who ordered from MPC and didn't get their chicks the next day? Do they ship from Ohio? If so, I am in NY - so you would think I had them next day. I am so impatient - but I just want my chicks! I emailed MPC to see if they shipped out on Monday, but no response yet.
sad.png
I WANT MY CHICKENS... NOW!
cool.png
Hahaha.

Quote:
We ordered from My Pet Chickens. 6 eggs...NONE HATCHED. They are packed in egg boxes and the egg is wrapped in paper towels. Great pack, non fertile eggs in our experience.

WOULD NOT ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN. When we told them about it...they suggested we order again and they would give us 1/2 price. They do NOT guarantee fertile hatch eggs.
Aria

We highly recommend ordering from tgrlily/Renee. She is super. She is on the forum and lives in Bridgeport, New York. Her Silkie chicks are beautiful and she has other breeds. Aria

Ok, so I panicked for nothing. I ordered 7 in this shipment, and they came with the 2pm postal drop. I think my PO thinks I am insane
smile.png

Can someone please tell me how to post a pic? My girls are so dern cute, and I would like to show them off
smile.png

As far as my experience with MPC, I am quite pleased. I heard some not so good feedback on them, but I really enjoyed dealing with Tricia, who I spoke to when I was impatiently awaiting my chicks.
smile.png

Last year, I ordered 8 chicks and all arrived healthy, peeping, and active. No deaths, no illness, and no injuries. When one *turned* into a rooster suddenly (
wink.png
), MPC was cordial and efficient in doing their best to right the incident. I ordered again this year, to replace the rooster and one hen who passed of probable heat stroke, and received 4 living chicks just yesterday. One had a broken toe and 3 had pasty butt, which I'm still trying to fix. I'm not quite sure if this is something I'm to inform them about, but I will definitely be checking the website. Even so, if I need more chicks, I will still choose to order from them.

When choosing a hatchery, consider quantity and quality. If you want quality for showing, you must go breeder. If you only want a few chicks for your backyard, or less that 25 in general, you can choose a breeder (in case you're particular about breed and a possible showing future or if you just want to guarantee egg color.), your feed store (usually the chicks are sold straight run, but you get your choice out of a large bin full of chicks), or you can go MPC, which sells as few as 3 standards or 5 bantams. They have far more happy customers than unhappy ones, and I can't ever recall seeing a single post about MPC sending dead chicks.
There are many other big hatcheries, but their minimum chick size order was about 3 times how many I was willing to keep, and they often add in "packing peanuts"(roosters to keep the others warm). If I've provided any false or inaccurate information, I'm sure BYC will correct me, as this site is full of knowledgeable people who have a lot more experience than I do.
smile.png

Best of luck and I hope you're happy with whichever route you choose!

Back
Top Bottom