Anyone purchase a coop from ChickenCoopOutlet or GladBuying on ebay?

Personally I wouldn't go for it at all. Prefab coops like these tend to be junk and they break down in a few years. They also tend to be badly designed inside.

Also, I crunched the numbers for you and this coop is big enough to house about 3.75 chickens. Obviously you can't keep .75 of a chicken, unless you have a bantam, so really this thing only fits 3 hens. And that's if they didn't include the nest boxes in the dimensions they gave, which they likely did, which would lower this number even further since nest boxes do not count as floor space, and each chicken should have four feet of floor space in the coop.

For the amount of money you're looking at spending on one of these you could easily build a nicer, larger coop yourself, which would really be the best way to go in terms of getting the most bang for your buck.

Personally I wouldn't go for it at all. Prefab coops like these tend to be junk and they break down in a few years. They also tend to be badly designed inside.

Also, I crunched the numbers for you and this coop is big enough to house about 3.75 chickens. Obviously you can't keep .75 of a chicken, unless you have a bantam, so really this thing only fits 3 hens. And that's if they didn't include the nest boxes in the dimensions they gave, which they likely did, which would lower this number even further since nest boxes do not count as floor space, and each chicken should have four feet of floor space in the coop.

For the amount of money you're looking at spending on one of these you could easily build a nicer, larger coop yourself, which would really be the best way to go in terms of getting the most bang for your buck.
Agrees times a hundred million!!!

Back
Top Bottom