Anyone raise Chickens, Ducks and Geese?

gig.gif
right shade, length and width evidently
smile.png
I think someplace like Texas A & M should develop a hybrid grass that was perfect for geese. Call it goose grass. It would have to be drought tolerant, never grow longer than 4 inches, never turn yellow or brown always be green and grow from seed to full height within 24 hours of planting. After all, if they can hybridize a square tomato so that they fit neatly in the corners of shipping boxes they should be able to do that...right.

I think someplace like Texas A & M should develop a hybrid grass that was perfect for geese. Call it goose grass. It would have to be drought tolerant, never grow longer than 4 inches, never turn yellow or brown always be green and grow from seed to full height within 24 hours of planting. After all, if they can hybridize a square tomato so that they fit neatly in the corners of shipping boxes they should be able to do that...right.
thumbsup.gif
I think you being a Texan should contact them with this bit of encouragement
smile.png

Really?? I didn't know you could get a PhD in Chickens.
tongue.png
Have you not noticed that chickens will eat just about anything? Even a PhD! How do you thing they got smart enough to get almost free room and board, lots of attention and love all for the cost of a single little egg each day?

Me thinks we are really about to go off the deep end here.

Have you not noticed that chickens will eat just about anything? Even a PhD! How do you thing they got smart enough to get almost free room and board, lots of attention and love all for the cost of a single little egg each day?

You are so right, I think mine are going to have to go out and find a job so they can actually pay for room and board.
yippiechickie.gif

Drought tolerant, also shade tolerant, scorched-in-the-sun tolerant, grows up to about 9" around places that don´t get walked on, but generally is short, geese love it, keep it really short, stays green after a frost (don´t know about below freezing temps though), grows green even in sand, but no idea how long it takes to grow from seed, as we buy it in turves. It´s called Zoysia Japonica, Emerald.
Really?? I didn't know you could get a PhD in Chickens.
tongue.png
Yep, otherwise known as Poopy hen Diploma.

Geese are smarter... they eat even more, but they only give an egg every other day, more or less, for a very short time!
wink.png

You are so right, I think mine are going to have to go out and find a job so they can actually pay for room and board.
yippiechickie.gif
They need a PhD to get a job!

Drought tolerant, also shade tolerant, scorched-in-the-sun tolerant, grows up to about 9" around places that don´t get walked on, but generally is short, geese love it, keep it really short, stays green after a frost (don´t know about below freezing temps though), grows green even in sand, but no idea how long it takes to grow from seed, as we buy it in turves. It´s called Zoysia Japonica, Emerald.
Yep, otherwise known as Poopy hen Diploma.
Geese are smarter... they eat even more, but they only give an egg every other day, more or less, for a very short time!
wink.png

They need a PhD to get a job!

livin you must have taken your smart pill today those are some witty answers.
highfive.gif

Back
Top Bottom