Anyone read Hunger Games?

Several people I've talked to really liked it. If you like futuristic or Sci-fi you might like it. I didn't care for it when I read it, but it did make me think.....

Quote:
ya, we do too. I think I might read Hungar Games though... just to see
tongue.png

It's a really, really good book. I'm re-reading it right now, while I wait in carline to pick up my kids from school. I want to read the other 2, but I am too cheap to buy them in hardcover! Anyway, yes, give it a try. It's very well done, although it is very dark and violent. If you don't like to read about people being killed, then it's not the book for you.

I just had to bring this thread back for a bit. This is one of the best series I have ever read. There is so much to it and so many different levels of thought going on. I loved it because it show how truly sadistic and greedy and just plain horrible the human race can be, but at the same time it shows our capacity for love and compassion and our want to be people. I have read this trilogy about 5 times now and I will likely read it a couple more times before the movie comes out. Ah the movie, I really hope that they do a good job and keep as true to the book as possible and not try to sugar coat the nasty that people can be. Sometimes the world needs to see the ugly side of our nature to get back to the good side of us.

Back
Top Bottom