Anyone read Hunger Games?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chiko, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Chiko

Chiko Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    I need a good book to start reading again and have heard the Hunger Games is a great and intriguing book...Is it?

2. Souperchicken

Souperchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    USA- Southwest
    Several people I've talked to really liked it. If you like futuristic or Sci-fi you might like it. I didn't care for it when I read it, but it did make me think.....

3. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    My sister is obsessed with it, I haven't read it though

4. Souperchicken

Jan 18, 2009
    USA- Southwest
    LOL! My sister was obsessed to...That's why I decided to read it. After a couple times of reading her favorite book, I've decided we have different tastes.

5. Souperchicken

Jan 18, 2009
    USA- Southwest
    oops double post... Ugg..I was trying to change "book" to "books". I always seem to leave off my "s" when I type.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  6. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    Quote:ya, we do too. I think I might read Hungar Games though... just to see [​IMG]

7. AKsmama

AKsmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    It's a really, really good book. I'm re-reading it right now, while I wait in carline to pick up my kids from school. I want to read the other 2, but I am too cheap to buy them in hardcover! Anyway, yes, give it a try. It's very well done, although it is very dark and violent. If you don't like to read about people being killed, then it's not the book for you.

8. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    The Kinder Major started it, but said it was too violent for her.

9. bt03

bt03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Over the rainbow...
    I just had to bring this thread back for a bit. This is one of the best series I have ever read. There is so much to it and so many different levels of thought going on. I loved it because it show how truly sadistic and greedy and just plain horrible the human race can be, but at the same time it shows our capacity for love and compassion and our want to be people. I have read this trilogy about 5 times now and I will likely read it a couple more times before the movie comes out. Ah the movie, I really hope that they do a good job and keep as true to the book as possible and not try to sugar coat the nasty that people can be. Sometimes the world needs to see the ugly side of our nature to get back to the good side of us.

10. equinehugger3

equinehugger3 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2010
    Oh my goodness, those books are the best EVER. I HIGHLY recomend them! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by