Anyone read Hunger Games?

I just finished Mockingjay. That was the saddest book I ever read
sad.png
Good, but sad. Honestly I feel like I need to do something to cheer myself up now
lol.png

POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING:

Does anyone know what happened to the pearl Peeta gave Katniss? I know she brought it with her in the war but then it wasn't mentioned again, I don't think. Did she lose it after the fire? I'm guessing after she was hurt, people changed her clothes and they lost the pearl or something...

Quote:
It became so central to her and then it just vanishes into thin air. I have no idea what happened to it after the explosion or even if she had taken it with her. If she had left it with her other belongings then it would be with her father's jacket in the closet at the end I suppose
hu.gif

Quote:
Yeah, its weird
hmm.png

I *think* she takes it with her after leaving Tigris' shop because I seem to remember her checking to make sure her solider uniform is covered. And I think the pearl was in the pocket of her uniform. I suppose she no longer cared about it after the explosion so she didn't ask the doctors where it was.

I liked Hunger Games, I haven't read the sequals yet, but will. It was one of the books this spring that I tore through and was sad when it was over. I also read quite a few teen books, I'm no prude and I am well into grown up years, but get put off by the violence and sex that sometimes pervades grown up books (I think quite often it's in there just to make them "grown up" books and it actually detracts from the story). I also go for sci-fi/fantasy and right now, I think the teen genre has the market on well written, fun to read fantasy.

Not related, but want to share, a book called "Red Glass" by Laura Resau was one I picked up while with my kids at the library. I thought it was excellent, no sci-fi/fantasy but I thought it was great and well written.
wink.png

I'm no prude and I am well into grown up years, but get put off by the violence and sex that sometimes pervades grown up books (I think quite often it's in there just to make them "grown up" books and it actually detracts from the story).

Completely agree!​

Back
Top Bottom