Anyone seen this before?

MeganFair

Songster
Mar 10, 2018
Leesville, SC
She goes to the vet on Thursday, but anyone seen this before?

C323DD04-426C-440D-9598-68A759923B48.jpeg

My girl Fletcher is limping pretty badly. She is eating and drinking, and I couldn’t see any open wound.

About a month back, my daughter brought her in, saying that she’d been limping. When I examined her feet, I found a minor cut. We treated it, it healed up, kept an eye out for Bumblefoot. She seemed better. Now that I think about it, I have seen her with a minor limp a time or two since then. Both times I checked her feet, not her ankle. When I found nothing, I more or less dismissed it.

I only really noticed a pronounced limp today, because when I went in this morning to get eggs, she was in the little nest they like. When she got up, she had to use her wings to help her balance. I found the swelling when I examined her this afternoon.

Like I said before, there doesn’t appear to be an external injury. It kinda felt hard, but I didn’t touch it too much, honestly.

Sorry the pics aren’t very clear. It was hard to hold Fletcher and my phone at the same time! It’s her ankle that has a marble sized swelling on it. It didn’t feel noticeably hotter than her other leg. The only reason I even realized it had a swelling was to compare it to her other leg. It looks like it’s right on the knob of her ankle.
Totally understand. It's really hard to snap pics when you don't have a second pair of hands!

Sorry the pics aren’t very clear. It was hard to hold Fletcher and my phone at the same time! It’s her ankle that has a marble sized swelling on it. It didn’t feel noticeably hotter than her other leg. The only reason I even realized it had a swelling was to compare it to her other leg. It looks like it’s right on the knob of her ankle.

Back
Top Bottom