Anyone sell white eggs too?

K-Chick

Songster
10 Years
Feb 25, 2009
NW In
I was just wondering if I sold white eggs along with brown eggs, would I have more customers? Some people think brown eggs are weird and don't want to eat them.

I use a color mix as well. I'm standardizing (as much as I can) on four white eggs, one green/blue, and the rest brown ranging from pale tan to milk chocolate in color.

.....Alan.

We sell white, blue/green and brown - each separately, in their own cartons. Well, with the exception of medium eggs - I mix these in the cartons because they're usually our new pullet eggs and there are not as many of them.

We started out with only blue/green and brown. But we kept getting requests for white eggs, so added some brown leghorns.

Not really, but If you are going to have leghorns, those are the coolest looking (just like wellsummers). That or Exchequer.

Quote:
I think they're prettier than the white too. Although, a couple weeks ago I picked up 6 day-old White Leghorn pullets at TSC. We'll need even more white eggs than we planned for Summer, and TSC was the closest easiest thing available for chicks. They only had White Leghorns. Besides, now that we have the Brown Leghorns, I'm curious about the Whites.

A lot of growers seem to think the White Leghorns are a bit flighty. Guess I'll find out
smile.png
Our Brown Leghorns are not what I would call flighty. They don't like to be handled or cornered in the coop. But they do come right over, get underfoot during feed time, etc.

I have one customer who only wants white eggs! Then I have another who always request brown eggs only! But when he picked up his dozen yesterday he asked DH for a dozen white ones for Easter! I didnt bother to tell him how pretty the brown ones are when colored!

This was a helpful thread, I have also been wondering if I should get some white egg layers. A few people who have come to me for eggs have requested them and this thread has helped to convince me.

Back
Top Bottom